lined or unlined holster

• lined leather

• unlined leather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been posted before, but I was wondering what the overall opinion of unlined leather holsters are for the XD. I've been making them for nickel and stainless guns, but wasn't sure how the finish on the xd would handle the rough side (burnished with a deer antler to smooth it out). I'm going to make an IWB for around town use (it will live in this pretty much constantly) and a tactical thigh holster for the woods. Its a daily carry piece, so i don't expect it to stay pretty forever, but since it will be out towards the coast from time to time, I would like to do my best to protect it. Long story short: lined or unlined?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I assume you're talking about kydex holsters, it was never mentioned in your OP.
Should have included one more option in your poll, 'all leather'.
No kydex for my pistols, leather holsters only.....:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, still just talking about leather, like my original post. I looked at some that had the rough side out, smooth side facing the gun. Just for curiosity sake, what makes you assume kydex when someone says "unlined leather holster?". To clear up what I mean, a lined leather holster might include suede, deer skin, pig skin or many other possibilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts