Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would somebody edumacate me on how to take this apart please? I'd like to give a real good bath in some Simple Green and then reapply some CLP to give that "Zest-fully Clean" look and feel......................just so I can go back out and dirty it up again. :lol:

I've been able completely take apart my XD-9 with the sole exception of that stinkin' guide rod assembly.

Thanks!!

P.S. I don't want to buy the Don's replacement.....at least now right now.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't think you can.. or if you can.. you don't want too... The service and sub-compact models have captive guide-rods.. If you had a .40 or a .45 GAP tactical you could do it..

I think you just have to change the guide rod out if you are having problems.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Simple green and then air hose, CLP and then air hose again (just so it gets down inside and spread out). The end is welded on and should not come apart.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So then maybe I should go ahead and get the Don's Guide Rod setup? Consider me a 'tard here and tell me what I really get with that other than an assembly that's a helluva lot easier to clean?

Put another way, why did SA decide to go with this contraption instead of a "normal" guide rod?

Thanks again folks, I really appreciate it.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Put another way, why did SA decide to go with this contraption instead of a "normal" guide rod?
To make people like you ask questions. :D Just clean the one you got or get a DON'S. Now, would you like mustard or ketchup on that burger. :wink:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I threw my old rods away and got some of the new stainless ones from pistolgear.com. he has great prices and outstanding service

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
if you can get one of your recoil spring assembnlies apart to clean it... throw it away.

Gun tends to be useless after that till you get it replaced. : ) James (ajamesp51) will have a tech article shortly about it on his website www.xd-hs2000.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts