Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
already have a XD 40 tactical and have been using it for limited 10, as soon as the month is over sending it out for the mag well and Dawson sights and springer trigger, no problems with it. As a matter of fact just put a deposit on a XD Tac in 9. now my question, I already have 12 mags, and the 9 comes with 2 and Springfield is offering now when you buy, 2 free mags and a holder. can I get 9mm followers seperately so I can convert some of my extra 40s for 9?:roll:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I believe all that is needed is a little tweak on the feed lips of the mags. . . . I think I saw some how-to pics over on xd-hs2000.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I'm going to try one- should still have enough practice from the para hi cap 9mm I got rid of due to their non feeding mags

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just did this myself yesterday on a couple of .40 mags.

1/ Stripped the mag.

2/ Held it base down on the bench.

3/ Gave the feed lips a couple of taps with a rubber mallet.

The feed lips started out angled, kinda like this \_/
In order to hold the 9mm rounds correctly they need to be parallel sorta like this I_I

Apologies for the poor illustrations!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I use my .40 mags in my 9mm all the time. I have Arredondo extension in my .40 mags so I use them in my 9mm tactical every week end when I shoot steel. I've done no modifications to them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I use my .40 mags in my 9mm all the time. I have Arredondo extension in my .40 mags so I use them in my 9mm tactical every week end when I shoot steel. I've done no modifications to them.
Yeah, I noticed that they work fine without tweaking them. . . however I wanted to carry 12+1 in my 9sc and for that I wanted to make sure they are 100% reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts