Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure this has been asked about before, but I did a search and couldn't find a thread about it. I saw some 30 round national magazines for the xd 9mm. Are they any good? If they are they would be great to throw in a bug out bag.
XD-9 MAGAZINES: MWG Company

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Just get 16 round mags. Seriously what would you do with 30 rounds in a magazine?
What does it matter, we have 30 round mags for AR-15's and people dont ask what we need them for.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
To each their own.
Sometimes you just wanna rip that trigger 30 times in a row!!!!!
Buy one of them and post some pix and a review.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Cuz well... its a pistol. Not an Assault Rifle. ;)
Also the mag will be sticking well out of the well.

Ever do an ammo dump with a high cap like that? Sometimes its just plain fun. I know when I have my 2011 loaded up with 21 rounds of .40, I can be shooting and shooting and shooting and think, wow I still have rounds left?...lol

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
If it's quality product im sure it would be a good time! We need no reason to have 30 rounds in a pistol. It's legal, safe, and a good time! That's all the reason i need:D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not worried about it sticking out the bottom as long as it actually works with no feeding problems...and doesn't melt my barrel :) But it just looks like fun and is a lot cheaper than buying an UZI.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I'm not worried about it sticking out the bottom as long as it actually works with no feeding problems...and doesn't melt my barrel :) But it just looks like fun and is a lot cheaper than buying an UZI.
Your not going to melt the barrel, you would need several thousand of rounds in succession to do any real damage.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Althought it might get a little hot to the touch lol....

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ive shot matches in the summer where the sun had my gun heated up and then the shooting itself warmed it up to the point where I didnt want to touch the damn thing!

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont know if they were trying to sell me something or tell the truth but when i called xd about this they said the vibration of the big mag will ruin inner parts of the gun. dunno if its true or not but they said biggest the recc is the 16 rd with the spacer so it dont vibrate but like i say.. maybe they just wanted to sell me spacers and 16 rds.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope that's not true! I already ordered one...hope my XD 5'' Tac can take it once in a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hell put the spacers on the 30 and ROCK! . And as long as it functions without jams, etc. it can come in really handy, like bedside for home invasions no need to reload... hopefully.

That reason alone is enough for 30 rounds. I am considering a Glock 17 just because of the 33 round factory mags and they are not hard to find. But me heart is going out to the XD Tactical in 9mm. Got to make a choice by the weekend.:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts