Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK smiths out there what is the lightest possible trigger pull I can get out of the 5.25. I just got rid of my 1911 to force myself to shoot this gun. I would really like it if I could get the trigger like my 1911 but I doubt it. I just competed with it twice now and I can tell u that im not doing to well. Im normally a A class shooter but right now I would be lucky to get D. Need some help.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I don`t know about the lightest, but I just sent my 5.25 to Springer Precision for a trigger job. From all of the threads of his good work I can not wait to be able to see what magic he can do. I used a trigger pull scale and my stock trigger and it was at between 6-7 pounds average in various areas pulling it. I can honestly say it has had the worst trigger out of the box of any XD/HS2000/XDm I own. I own 42 XD`s now so I have a large sample. Do your self a favor if your an A class shooter Springer Precision should get you another class.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea i have a 45xd and i was able to get it down to 3.5 pounds i got the trigger kit through springer precision and then i put a reduced power striker springs a titanium striker components and a titanium striker safety and reduced spring for that and with a bunch of sanding and polishing of all the contact surfaces 3.5 is as good as i could get but to be honest i wouldnt wanna go lighter as it is my carry gun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts