Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked it up this morning, took a few pics with my cheap digital camera. Off to work now, but here's a few pics for the time being. Also pictured is my XD40 Bi-Tone to show the differences.
-Alex

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
petej said:
Does anyone know if there will also be conversion barrells for the 45 GAP model?

Since the .45 GAP is about the same length as the 9mm, 357sig, & .40, along with the small pistol primer, it might be interesting if these calibers might be made for the GAP pistol in the future.
Give it some time.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Why the heck does the XD45 barrel look so thin?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Old School said:
NExd,

You know what the XD looks like. Why do you need pictures of the 45 GAP? It looks like the rest of the XDs.

Old School
If your the first confirmed claim for a new pistol on the market, and almost any new pistol, you post pics...

*shrug*

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
[TASF]Overkill
Why the heck does the XD45 barrel look so thin?
Barrel has to be thinner, because the .45 caliber round is obviously taking up more space. I know what you mean though.
Trying to keep the outside demention of the original slide so something had to be modified to make room for daddy. In this case a thinner barrel in .45 caliber.
I didn't think I wanted one of these, but it sounds like it is going to be a sweet shooter for sure! :D
I wish they would stop inventing things, I can't afford it and it makes me suffer :cry:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
No, I mean, I'd expect it to be thin, but that looks REALLY thin.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Do the new facts presented mean that the BS Flag is lowered, folded and put away in the closet?

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
The barrel is thin for quicker cooling.
And it's made of Aluminum for better heat dissipation! :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
and i'd also like to note that my oem .40s&w mags work with it. A neutered 10rd .40 mag holds 8 .45, and the standard cap 12rd'ers hold 9 just like the .45 magazines do. The only difference on the mags is the .45 mag has a half moon notch where the bullet slides over to give extra clearance. Even without that notch, the .40 mag cycles smoothly without any hangups.
-Alex

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Frenchy said:
The barrel is thin for quicker cooling.
And it's made of Aluminum for better heat dissipation! :p
Dam you got me on that one. I thought it was made outta tin. :wink:
and...and...The magazine baseplates are made from recycled Milk of Magnesia bottles, hence the color! :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
r0k awn said:
I put $200 cash on one at my local store last night after my IPSC class. Didn't have time to do the transaction since the store was closed when our class ended, but i'll be picking it up tomorrow morning and will have pics for you guys. They had two when I walked in, I drooled, as I walked back to the classroom after the range excersizes, my guy there told me the other was just put on layaway, so I jumped on their last one (they only got two in). I'm headed to work now, they'll be closed when I get off work, so I can't get it til morning.... until then.
Alex
Can I ask what they want for them?? And which store are you talking about...

I'm 20 minutes away... Screw SWMBO...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Schrambo said:
Can I ask what they want for them?? And which store are you talking about...

I'm 20 minutes away... Screw SWMBO...
I'm talking about Shooter's Paradise on Route 1 in Woodbridge. They had the 4" for $475 in the case, and the 5" stickered for $495. When i picked mine up Saturday morning, they had received one more 4" and the 5" on Friday. I've been buying from them for quite a while now, so they took it easy on me on the price. If you go by there, talk to Ken, Paul (Ken's son), or Jason, and tell them Alex sent ya.

What's SWMBO?
-Alex

41 - 60 of 108 Posts