Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The material says 9+1 capacity. Why is it soooooo daggon hard to stuff the magazine in the grip when it's loaded to full capacity? Maybe I'm just a weenie, but I swear it's a pain in the ass.

Will the magazine ever "loosen up" a bit in the future? Should I continue to keep the mags loaded, or will it really do any good?

My XD-9 isn't super tight like this. What about those XD-40 owners out there....same thing or no problem with those calibers?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah I have an xd40sc, and when I first bought it I got a blister on my finger from loading it at the range. That was when I first got it, but now it has loosened up a bit. No problems. I left mine loaded, and that seemed to help.

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
James, what does the LE stand for in XD-45LE?

Yea, me have a problem stuffing all nine rounds
into the 45GAP magazine also. At present I have them
all loaded with eight rounds and hoping that they will
take on a ninish characteritic in the next couple weeks.

Ed

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think it's a pitch to Law Enforcement...but I could be wrong.

When you click the magazine in place you're further compressing the follower spring (if you have a round at the top of the mag). When the mag is full, that spring doesn't have much more compression available. When my .40 mag is full it takes a little elbow grease to get it to lock in place if the slide is closed. It should slide in and click like butter if the slide is open..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sjp2452 said:
I think it's a pitch to Law Enforcement...but I could be wrong.

When you click the magazine in place you're further compressing the follower spring (if you have a round at the top of the mag). When the mag is full, that spring doesn't have much more compression available. When my .40 mag is full it takes a little elbow grease to get it to lock in place if the slide is closed. It should slide in and click like butter if the slide is open..

Yeah, it does click right in when the slide's locked back.......I'm just being "difficult." :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far, I like it a lot. I'm just not sure if I'm going to keep it. I have lots of thoughts spinning around in my head about this thing......the biggest for me is the cost of the ammo. I bought a case of it last week from CTD for $260. I can afford it, I'm just not sure I want to keep paying that.

I've been researching reloading too. The startup cost is going to be pretty big (less than $1000 but probably greater than $500) for a progressive press with all the "modern conveniences" and safety doodads.

Very particular to my circumstances is the issue of collecting brass. Most of the time, my shell casings are rather difficult to pick up in the indoor range I have access to. There are outdoor ranges in MD, but as far as I'm concerned, they're way out in the boonies from where I'm at. I thought for sure that picking up my own brass would be pretty easy, but that's proven to be iffy, at best. If I had to put a percentage on the amount of brass I have successfully been able to pick up, it would be about 50%.

Anyway, all things being equal, the XD45 is a really good gun in my opinion, but feeding it isn't gonna be cheap unless I reload.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts