Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos courtesy of Mr. Bronce Smith of Bonne Terre, MO.

Being from the "Show Me State", Bronce thought folks would want to see that the frame difference of the new 45ACP is very minor compared to the existing 9mm, 40SW, and .357SIG.

The perfect polymer 45ACP pistol? Perhaps.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Great pics! It looks like those thin grip walls help keep the grip circumference down to a minimum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Great pics!! Appears the 45ACP is destined to be my second handgun at some point in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
The pic says the 45 is 0.1" thicker, but according to the width measurements the difference should only be 0.01". Which is correct, the 0.1" thickness statement or the given grip width measurements?

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to get my mitts on this thing.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,574 Posts
Welcome LarryLove.

I also have the same question. One hundredth
of an inch is much smaller than one tenth of an
inch. Which is it? Appreciate posting of the pix.

Thanx,

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I may have gave the wrong info. It is only .01 or 10 thousands thicker. I just got back from the range... Wow, it shot great, big difference in recoil from my 5" 9mm to the 45acp. I like it!! I ran 200 rounds thru it, and no problems. As you can see I am new to the board, but have been watching/reading for some time. The new 45acp feels like my 5" tactical.


Thanks Bronce (Smitty) Smith :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LarryLove said:
The pic says the 45 is 0.1" thicker, but according to the width measurements the difference should only be 0.01". Which is correct, the 0.1" thickness statement or the given grip width measurements?
.01" is correct. Either way, the difference is nearly nothing. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
Mongoose17 said:
Great pics! It looks like those thin grip walls help keep the grip circumference down to a minimum.
My guess was right. I thought they might do that to save on over all width.

Thanks for the pics, Scott.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
Those "how day do dat" questions are begining to be answered. Kudo's to Springfield and IM Metals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frenchy said:
Those "how day do dat" questions are begining to be answered. Kudo's to Springfield and IM Metals.
I agree. I may be very wrong on this point, but I am thinking this is going to be the Master of all XDs. It gives you the round count and stopping power of a true duty/combat weapon. If SA wants in at departments and the military, this needs to be the tip of their spear, IMHO.

Do you think they are going to widen the mag portion of the 9mm and 40/357 in order to get the round count higher? They know it is now possible. 8) I sense a next generation coming...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
Old School said:
Frenchy said:
Those "how day do dat" questions are begining to be answered. Kudo's to Springfield and IM Metals.
I agree. I may be very wrong on this point, but I am thinking this is going to be the Master of all XDs. It gives you the round count and stopping power of a true duty/combat weapon. If SA wants in at departments and the military, this needs to be the tip of their spear, IMHO.

Do you think they are going to widen the mag portion of the 9mm and 40/357 in order to get the round count higher? They know it is now possible. 8) I sense a next generation coming...
I don't see why not...It shouldn't be a structural integrity issue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,366 Posts
speaking of magwells i notice from the pic that it dont have that little blockage in the grip that the new stlye frames have, the dimple that stops it from takin the old style magwells
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
smitty141 said:
The 9mm is 2.070 thick.. :)


The .45acp is 2.110 thick. :shock:

Thats front to back.....

Hope this helps...Smitty
Thank you very much.

I have a budy that will buy one as soon as we are allowed to in PRK. I have heard March tossed around somewhere for them to make it on the "approved list of not unsafe handguns".
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top