Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

They give you a package, with a belt holster and a doulbe mag carrier. That's nice. Now, why they put a Picatinny rail on the holster? You supposed to mount your light on the holster?...

Here's the link to the page...

Now, they didn't tell me exactly the height of the gun, from the picture with the hand holding the gun, it doesn't look like that the grip is sticking out blew the hand. Looks like a very good design in ergonomics...

·
Registered
875 Posts
I am not a big fan of .45 acp, but even I might buy one of these. It looks like SA did a great job of engineering this gun to be able to fit a large amount of ammunition in a regular sized frame.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but I've often wondered; are these Kydex holsters that SA offers in their kits ambi or only righty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Retired,

When I bought my XD9 it came with 3 15 round clips and a holster. It was right only. Being a lefty I sold it to a right handed friend. We are still friends, but the holster was so so. By the way I use OS X 10.4 and for some Web sits use Internet Explorer. Safari works on most.

-- Richard

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
They can keep their crappy holsters - I have an El Paso Saddelry "Street Combat" holster for my XD-40 and it ought to fit nicely for the XD45ACP (don't ya love saying that?). El Paso Saddlery makes the best...own one and you'll find it very hard to buy anyone elses holsters.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JD McDorce said:
This has been a feature of the XD Gear holsters that were included with my XD9 Service and XD40 Tactical (it isn't new for the XD-45ACP). The nearest I can figure out is that it provides a place to keep your rail mounted accessory (ies) handy in lieu of having a provision for being able to actually holster the gun with the accessory attached. It is also cute that this feature is also part of the mag pouch. I suppose that it is more convenient that keeping a light or a laser in your pocket...
Okay, so that's what it's for. Like you said, it's not as good or useful as keeping the accessory attached while holstered.... :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts