Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a XD 45ACP Tactical with the two 13 round magazines. I plan on using these at the shooting range, where I will be going through a larger amount of ammo. But I would also like to get a magazine (10 round) to keep at home with home defense rounds.

My question (and I assume this will work), can the Tactical use both capacity magazines?

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I have one, as far as I can tell only one mag size fits it.
Unless they make a blocked mag for Kalifornia that is the same physical size?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
The Tactical comes in compact tactical and full size tactical. I have a full size tactical that only takes the 13rd mags. Check on SA's site and make sure what your are getting or what you have is a compact or full frame.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There are 10 round mags for the full frame XD45 tactical and service models. I've got the full frame service and, since I'm in the wonderful gun-loving state of California, am only allowed 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The magazines are the same size, the 10 rd just has the sides indented to keep the .45 rds from being double stacked as wide.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
The magazines are the same size, the 10 rd just has the sides indented to keep the .45 rds from being double stacked as wide.
WTF! News to me. Now I'm really glad I didn't marry that chick from Komifornia and move there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts