Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the XD 45 ACP is coming out.

Now, the question is how much.

I had always figured on being a one maybe two gun house (shut up), and with the advent of the 45ACP, I'm thinking a two gun house is in order. But how many greenbacks will I have to stash out of my loving wife's sight in order to come home with said XD45acp?

Any edu-ma-cated / guess-tim-ates out there? lets hear em..............
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
I am guessing they will sell around $500. This will be SAs chance to get some extra margin, to help offset engineering costs. That is just a guess, of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,947 Posts
Retail is listed at 559.00

I know what dealer price is, so a real world mark up shelf price should be around
475-500.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
I am guessing that it will be closer to $500 consider the XDs popularity and the buzz for the 45ACP. Even at $500 it is a good deal. Hell, that is still less than a Glock!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
I concur!...The $500.00 neighborhood is realistic.
If you look at the general price difference between Glocks 9mm, .40S&W, .357 SIG and GAP with their large frame .45ACP and 10mm, you can see the comparable increase by Springfield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
I agree with Old School. $470-500 for the basic black or OD model will be about right. The basic XD-9's MSRP is $536 and the typical street price is between $425-450.

Better get your big order for .45acp mags going, Old School. And put me down for 5 of them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
The other side of the coin is if demand is high and supply is low you might be pricing at or over MSRP!
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,246 Posts
Lets just hope they get it RIGHT the first time. You know...no feeding issues or poor fit/finish or mags that don't work. The typical stuff some gun-makers go through with the first-run production of a new offering.

I'd pay more and wait a little longer, if it means they get it "right" the first time, instead of hurrying it out with a boatload of problems.

- Brickboy240

PS - In other words, I want to see the XD45ACP pass Leibster's excellent torture test with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
14 .45 rounds... Why am I stuck with 12 .40 rounds?

Seems to me that there's no possible way this thing will make any sense for civvy carry in most areas. Open carry, sure, but how the hell is anyone who doesn't weight 400 pounds going to conceal something as big as this must be?

Are large frame guns practical for anything other than competition and maybe as a home-gun?

I'm not at all excited about this... I think it's cool, but... I'm not about to get in line for one. Oh well, more for you guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,955 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]14 .45 rounds... Why am I stuck with 12 .40 rounds?

Seems to me that there's no possible way this thing will make any sense for civvy carry in most areas. Open carry, sure, but how the hell is anyone who doesn't weight 400 pounds going to conceal something as big as this must be?

Are large frame guns practical for anything other than competition and maybe as a home-gun?

I'm not at all excited about this... I think it's cool, but... I'm not about to get in line for one. Oh well, more for you guys!
The .45 is a good pig gun if you load it hot :?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]14 .45 rounds... Why am I stuck with 12 .40 rounds?

Seems to me that there's no possible way this thing will make any sense for civvy carry in most areas. Open carry, sure, but how the hell is anyone who doesn't weight 400 pounds going to conceal something as big as this must be?

Are large frame guns practical for anything other than competition and maybe as a home-gun?

I'm not at all excited about this... I think it's cool, but... I'm not about to get in line for one. Oh well, more for you guys!
It certainly won't be a CC gun, but that doesn't mean one won't come down the road at a later date. It's one more step in the evolution of the XD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Seems to me that there's no possible way this thing will make any sense for civvy carry in most areas. Open carry, sure, but how the hell is anyone who doesn't weight 400 pounds going to conceal something as big as this must be?

Are large frame guns practical for anything other than competition and maybe as a home-gun?
I can carry a SIG 220 or 1911 comfortably in a IWB holster, using an untucked lightwieght shirt, even here in FL. (Granted, I am 6'3" and 220 lbs) The trick is to balance to load by carrying mags on the weak hand side.

Besides, it looks like the 45ACP XD will not be much larger than the XD-9 and 40. If you can conceal a XD Service now, I don't think the 45 will be much harder to pack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Ok perhaps I'm being too optomistic... but they listened to our request for an ACP (finally). If they are recreating the gun that much, do you think they might finally have a new finish on it? Perhaps the "2nd Gen XD" which I think we're starting to see evolve will have a new finish and will truly OutGlock the Glock in EVERY catagory!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
Mountain Cop said:
Ok perhaps I'm being too optomistic... but they listened to our request for an ACP (finally). If they are recreating the gun that much, do you think they might finally have a new finish on it? Perhaps the "2nd Gen XD" which I think we're starting to see evolve will have a new finish and will truly OutGlock the Glock in EVERY catagory!
I personally wouldn't mind the Tenifer or Melonite finish. The gun is made overseas so there isn't a EPA problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Old School said:
I am guessing they will sell around $500. This will be SAs chance to get some extra margin, to help offset engineering costs. That is just a guess, of course.
4” black and green $559 retail

Bi-tone $595 retail

5” black and green $595 retail

Bi-tone $626 retail

This may help ease the pain as well shipping first of the year

_________________
I got this right from Springfield :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,751 Posts
Thats what is listed for the 4" on Davidson's also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
And then of course if you live in the People's Republic of Maryland, you can tack on an extra $50-$75 for a chamber or magazine locking mechanism. And that's only after the new toy gets approved and makes it to the "allowed handgun roster."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]14 .45 rounds... Why am I stuck with 12 .40 rounds?

Seems to me that there's no possible way this thing will make any sense for civvy carry in most areas. Open carry, sure, but how the hell is anyone who doesn't weight 400 pounds going to conceal something as big as this must be?

Are large frame guns practical for anything other than competition and maybe as a home-gun?

I'm not at all excited about this... I think it's cool, but... I'm not about to get in line for one. Oh well, more for you guys!
We need a single stack so we can carry. Just like many 1911s.
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top