Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering about the timeline for the XD-45, meaning the dates that different models were released. I was thinking maybe we could compile a list if it hasn't been done already, just for the record. Even if dates aren't known, maybe we could give the approximate time they started appearing on shelves. I would contribute, but I'm not even sure I can tell you when the 45acp XD was first released!

Lets try and get a complete list, including all the versions of the Service, Tactical, bi-tone, and compact options.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since there have been some reports of issues with weak mag springs in some of the earlier released XDs (mine included) as well as who knows what other things like changes in the manufacturing process (like the recoil block of some XDs in a different post), it might be helpful to know when each of the models were released so that, were there to be an issue with a particular version, we would have some dates in the manufacturing to go on, and that might help in pinpointing it in other models or comparing to newer/older versions and seeing if it is something that can be isolated to within a certain version or timeframe.

Other than that, I'm just curious:D. I'm looking at picking up an XD-45 Compact Bi-tone and I want to know when they started releasing them:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
can't you just email sa? i think they would be more that happy to get that info for you. they have been helpful with any question i have had before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts