Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm presently in possession of a .45 Tactical w/ thumb safety I purchased as a gift for my father. I liked it so much I put on order a .45 tactical black/black for myself. It's taken more than two weeks, and it still isn't here. :evil: However, at the same dealer that ordered the XD tactical also has in stock an XD .45 Tactical Dark Earth/Stainless. I haven't seen one of these before, so I think I'm going to pay a little extra and get it. I'll post pics when I do!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ha Ha!!! That DE seems to grow on ya doesn't it? I am out the door as well to pick up my DE 45C.
I can't wait for your pics, sounds like a cool setup with the stainless/DE combo!!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I found out today that the DE/Stainless combo is a Gander Mountain exclusive. So unless you get this through Gander Mountain, don't expect to see it at your local dealer. I'm hoping to haggle with the manager tomorrow about the price. It's $650, which is $50 more than the MSRP on other Tactical bi-tones.

That being said, If anyone out there is a Gander Mountain employee, you could probably make a nice little Christmas bonus buying all the DE/Stainless available and then selling on Gun Broker. Since this isn't a big production run, I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there who would snatch them up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i dont know about it being a certain dealer only thing we in vegas thats all that was left to buy. no one wanted it i had to wait for my black on stainless for weeks

·
Registered
338 Posts
bought mine about a month ago and love it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nothing like some genuine Fugly XDs... The XD isn't pretty to start with, let alone in the baby poo/ Stainless combo.

BUT, When I saw mine in the case it did have that slight hint of sad puppy look to it. You know the dirty pup in the corner that all the other dogs pick on.

So I brought one home... It's nice having a pistol so ugly that I don't have to worry about it getting stolen. ;)

Love mine though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts