Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a bit better. Still much to work on. Being a noob at this, sometimes it can be frustrating but I am lucky to have some decent days of improvement that keep me driving forward.

Slow fire - 7 Yards

10 Yards

15 Yards (one got away ;-))

25 Yards

I do, however, seriously think that a trigger job is in order. I think that a weight reduction would suffice at this point. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Not bad at all. Your 15yrd group was very good, actually better than the 10yd. And with that 7yrd group, any BG would be toast! Nice shooting:)

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Good shooting! Your groups will tighten up with more practice. Dry and make some time to do some dry fire drills at home. Also remember, it isn't necessarily about the smallest groups, but the most efficient hits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your encouragement.

TimXD9;

I've been concentrating on developing proper techniques with my new firearm. This is the first I've owned. I'm being coached on my shooting by some friends that are either USMC (retired), and current IDPA shooters. Both have told me to increase speed as my accuracy develops. Otherwise, I might start to develop some bad habits.

However, I am seriously considering the IDPA next year. I think that it would be a great way to learn to shoot in practical simulations for self defense while having fun in the process.

I'm off to the range tomorrow hopefully. I'm definitely addicted. I try to limit myself to once a week. Otherwise, there would be a quadratic relationship developing between the rounds I put downrange and the depletion of my bank account.

Ricardo

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like those groups! They seem to open up as you go out. Mines did to. I was told that I was shooting to fast and need to slow down as i traveled down range. See if that works for you while maintaining your basics.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today I just felt like shooting. I kept in mind the basics, "inhale, exhale, smooth trigger pull..." But I broke away from my normal practice routine and I found it to be quite satisfying to find that my aim is improving. However, sending 10 rounds downrange at a time instead of three tired my arms out much earlier than before. I was pretty shaky at about 100 rounds and I decided to stop because I was anticipating recoil and yanking the trigger at that point.

7 Yards

10 Yards

15 Yards

Double tap, one to the head at 10 yards

I didn't bother with 25 yards this time since I started to shoot low and to the left quite a bit after 100 rounds so I figured it was better to call it a day than to pick up bad habits. And I know, head shots need more work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts