Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can we get after market guid rods????? Ive got maybe 400 rounds through my XD but man does the guide rod look like crap...I mean its beat up on the barrel side. I dont trust the thing to last much longer.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Pics please?

·
22,003 Posts
*Thread is useless without pics*

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Expect that to be a NO on aftermarket recoil assemblies. Only aftermarket one I remember seeing was a 'coming soon' for about $79. Design looked the same as the stock assembly. Stock part is sold thru pistolgear. I think I paid $18 for my last one. Current price? Other site sponsors may also carry the same stock part assembly. No conversions to single spring that work.
Unless an end caap is cracking loose or the inner rod is bent, should still function. Get a spare, but see how long the original does last. If you CC put in the new assembly and switch out for practice with the original. Several thousand rounds fired, no appreciable damage to my original rod assembly or end caps. Some light scraps at the perimeter edge of the cap by the barrel lug. I filed off smooth.
Have you found what is creating the damage? Foreign debris? Any matching contact damage to adjacent parts of the slide or rails? Unless you find the cause, it will just happen with the next assembly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no pics yet...I will see if it gets worse. I wont be going to the range anytime soon. My daughter is out of school so thats that. Plus I am trying to horde my ammo for now. I just dont want a major failer ya know. :cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, no pics yet...I will see if it gets worse. I wont be going to the range anytime soon. My daughter is out of school so thats that. Plus I am trying to horde my ammo for now. I just dont want a major failer ya know. :cool:
Do you mean the paint is worm off so it's half black half silver looking metal? if so thats perfectly normal

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nicked up or burnt looking? Was shooting some Blaser's and that stuff was dirty, at first I thought the muzzle was burnt and way over heated but just dirty.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the flat side of the recoil assembly is starting to become chewed up. You know rough edges and its not flat anymore, its becomming wavy. This is my second XD-45. The two guns I bought 3 years apart and are related. The first XD was serial # LOL get this 666333. The latest one is get this #666933. The first one looked pretty good and had more ammo shot through it. The latest one doesent have that many rounds out the barrel.

I know you guys may think I am not centering the rod correctly, but Ive had this thing apart many times for cleaning. I just dont want a major melt down if it gives out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Give Springfield a call they will probaly send you a new one at no charge. Our offer to sell you one for $16. I have some nicks on my xd9 guide rod but its mostly very light surface/finish nicks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Give Springfield a call they will probaly send you a new one at no charge. Our offer to sell you one for $16. I have some nicks on my xd9 guide rod but its mostly very light surface/finish nicks.
Yeah but I think its a joke that those of us with a captive spring guide have no after market support with the service model. If I called springfield would they want the old rod shiped to them? You know what screw it I just threw the gun in the trash!

Naa I just emailed SA and asked if there was anyway I could buy a new one just in case. I talked to them once before about not having a warrenty card included in my new never used 45. I was told by SA that I did not need to worry about the warrenty card. Id be damed if I can not find that email now. So we will see what they say when they email me back.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's better to call them, I get quicker service when i do. No worries about the card, didn't need it for warranty work in the past. Very solid customer service.

D

·
0 Posts
That's why I always use Energizers in my XD. Really reduces the felt recoil to that of an air pistol and increases accuracy and range to about 1,000 yds, give or take a few yards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts