Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fair price for the XD-45ACP compact kit?
My dilemma…
I have 3 gun stores to go to. The first is a small gun shop the XD is used and only comes with one 10rd clip price $579.
The next larger store has the XD for $599. I think it comes with two clips but not the case and extras.
Then if I drive out of state, Cabelas has the full kit (holsters, loader, clip, case, lock, etc) for $627 but since its out of state I have to pay them $35 to transfer it somewhere in state, the store in state will charge me an additional $35-$50 then the original $627 plus tax.
One of the major reasons I selected this gun was the price, but after dealing with these stores I’m not sure if its worth it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For a price comparison, I just picked up my XD 45 compact Tactical. Brand new with case, all XD gear, 10 rd mag and 13 rd mag with grip extension. $590 out the door.

It may not have been the best price out there, but I was okay with it. Heck, my Sig wasn't much cheaper and I bought that 3 years ago USED.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I normally go through my gunsmith. He may or may not be able to get what I want through one of his distributors, but if he can, he beats local price (he is 45 minutes south of me).

Find a gunsmith in your area and build a relationship. It can only help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just remember if you buy a new one. you can get two free magazines from Springfield right now with there promotional offer

also look at gallery of guns . they have nice feature of looking up prices for local gun dealers with full prices if you put down a deposit through the website
GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie

·
Registered
244 Posts
I recently (last week) picked up a new, black XD45c for $499 out the door. It came with the case, accessories and two magazines.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
To the OP: You need to find a new FFL dealer.

You are being bent over and ravaged severely (without lube).

Those charges you list are heinous, and possibly illegal.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
What is a fair price for the XD-45ACP compact kit?
My dilemma…

SNIP

Then if I drive out of state, Cabelas has the full kit (holsters, loader, clip, case, lock, etc) for $627 but since its out of state I have to pay them $35 to transfer it somewhere in state, the store in state will charge me an additional $35-$50 then the original $627 plus tax.
One of the major reasons I selected this gun was the price, but after dealing with these stores I’m not sure if its worth it.
Drive another couple of hours +/- past Cabelas (I'm assuming that you are talking about the Wheeling, WV store) to Vances in Columbus. http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com http://www.vancesshooterssupplies.com/flyer/flyer.pdf
I got my 45 compact there a few days before the election for $469. What I found interesting was that the gun itself was test fired by Springfield less than 2 weeks before. Vances does such volume that they almost always have stock on hand. Though I'd call first just to make sure given the current buying frenzy.

As for the FFL charges in your area go to the following link. GunBroker.com FFL Holder Network

When you do get your XD let us know what you did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Cabela's normal ad starting this Friday, they have the XD45 on sale for 549.99....just a thought....:)

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Impact Guns...$515 (XD45 Service Compact). Best of luck!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I can't comment specifically on the compact because I couldn't find one, but I picked up a full size XD45 (4") for $490 about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bud's site xd45 Compact under SPINGFIELD ARMORY / SUPER SUMMER SPRINGFIELD PISTOL.....

Springfield 45ACP 5" Compact Black

Price: $499.00

Model: XD9655HCSP06

Item Condition: Factory New

Bud's Item Number: 43497

(lettering is large, because I did a copy and paste straight from Bud's site).....line item is now 3rd down

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bud's site xd45 Compact $627

Springfield 45ACP 4" COMP NS Black for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $627.00

Since they ship from KY i still need to pay transfer FFL fees, correct?
Or, if you don't mind the same gun without the night sites, do a search on that site for 'XD 45 compact'. There is usually one listed for about $527. Currently, I notice that it says out of stock, but earlier in the day it was available. Depending upon your purchase time-frame, keep checking back, as in the past, it seems to become available again within a few days.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would imaging that to be part of the reason....I agree with you...when I got my XD-45, I got the service model....I like shorter barrels.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
RVwannaB:

I'm extremely interested in where you got your compact for $459 in bi-tone! I've been looking for that same one myself, but have not come across a price that good!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts