Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new here and wanted to say hi to everyone. Hello!

Anyway, I have a question for you. I recently purchased a 4" XD .45 (with thumb safety). Anyway, the mags that came with the gun have a Springfield logo etched into the magazine, and the magazine has more of a brushed metal look to it. Well, I just purchased two additional mags from a gun store (different one from where I bought my XD 45) and I noticed that the mags didn’t have the logo etched into them like the ones that came with my gun, plus they were very shiny metal, almost mirrored, as opposed to the brushed steel look of the ones that came with my gun. What’s the deal?

Is one an older version, is one an updated or better version? Are they fake or knock off's? (They do say Springfield on the plastic part of the mag on the bottom, so it looks authentic) plus they did come in Springfield boxes (but that means nothing because they can be opened as they are not sealed or anything).

Does anyone know what the deal here is? Are some mags shiny mirrored and some brushed, and some have a logo etched into the metal and some with no logo? I appreciate any info from you knowledgeable guys, plus its nice to meet you all as well. Would love to hear if you guys know anything about this.

-Nina ;-):lol:;-)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It's interesting you say that, because my original mags didn't have the logo, and I picked up a few new ones that did have the logo. My guess is at some point in time they started doing that, and you probably purchased some of the older stock. No big deal, they're all the same quality and they all came from springfield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So why do you think they stopped making the mags shiny? You think its only a cosmetic difference or do you think it could be a functional, quality difference? Do you think I should return/exchange these mags to get the new ones that are brushed with the logo on it or are they the exact same? What do you think I should do?

Nina:wink::wink::wink:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
My XD-45C was purchased in April with shiny mags with no label. I bought extra mags in July and a few more two weeks ago in AZ all of which are shiny with no label except "Springfield Armory", "10Rd", and "45ACP" on the bottom of the base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts