Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have an XD 45 tac that Im starting to use in USPSA. I have only been for fun, I go into what ever catigory they put me in. Which catigory should I ask to shoot in? Im in CA so I do want to stay 10rd, I have a trigger job already done, was thinking about getting a solid slide rod, increaded mag well and mag release but dont want to get thrown into a shark tank with the pros because I put too much stuff on the gun.
Also, I reload, whats the major/minor worries about 45acp in USPSA? I have been using the 230gr winchester but want to make my own soon to save money. What bullet weight should I use?
What do you guys think?
Thanks
first timer in the XD forum, -Josh

·
Registered
170 Posts
Your gun is good as it is for Production where I recommend you stay until you get comfortable with it. Go to USPSA.org for the rule book, it will have a breakdown of each division and the allowed modifications you can make. Good luck and enjoy the competition!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I used my XD45 in IDPA for a while but then switched to the XDM9, I'm just more accurate with it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you are using factory ammo, I would shoot limited major. It really doesnt matter what class you shoot in. Limited will allow you to load your mags full vice the 10+1 for production. If you reload, You just need to find recipes for major or minor power factor. I have seen people shooting in the open class with full open rigs that could barely keep up with production shooters so dont be intimidated by different/higher classes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts