Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over for a xd 45 gap I have only found 1 it is the tactical model with the holster, 2 mags, 1 box of wwb ammo, and the xd holster for 499.00 plus tax is that resonable or should I wait it out? I already own a xd 357 I am starting to lean toward the 9mm subby due to the cost of ammo I have spent 200.00 in ammo this week, Any suggestions would be appreciated.......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ron xd357 said:
I have been looking all over for a xd 45 gap I have only found 1 it is the tactical model with the holster, 2 mags, 1 box of wwb ammo, and the xd holster for 499.00 plus tax is that resonable or should I wait it out? I already own a xd 357 I am starting to lean toward the 9mm subby due to the cost of ammo I have spent 200.00 in ammo this week, Any suggestions would be appreciated.......
If you stick with more common size munitions you'll obviously save money.

Do you want the .45 for defensive reasons (.357SIG is great for self defense) or do you want something else just for lots of fun at the range?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In regards to the 45 I would like for self defense in the house I can put the xml light on it My 357 does not have the second rail cut on the frame to mount the light on the other hand I shoot alot

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got the tactical GAP package for 525.00 out the door from a friend who is an FFL so that is not a bad deal. Ordered half a case of Speer Lawman from Natchez for a 13.xx a box so its not currently the cheapest ammo in the world but I am banking that it will come down considerably in the next year or so as it catches on. I am just a fan of guns with big holes in the end so this was a must have. I would have preferred an ACP version but didnt want a Glock and I love my SC9 XD. I am very happy with the way it fits my hand and I have pretty big hands. Feels a lot better (slimmer) than my ACP's that keep it company in the safe.

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
My service .45gap was $50x out the door. They threw in a second 50rd box with it too. I like the fact that it has 2 'lock' grooves cut in it. My XD40 only has the one on the end.

I am finding the ammo fairly inexpensive on the internet. If you want something for defense, the .45 is a good choice IMO, but if you are looking for an XD to 'plink' with, the 9mm would be a better choice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
IMHO if you like going to the range and shooting a lot then .357SIG or .45GAP are not really effective chamberings. a .45ACP or better yet the 9mm are preferable due to the cost effectiveness of the round.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have been looking all over for a xd 45 gap I have only found 1 it is the tactical model with the holster, 2 mags, 1 box of wwb ammo, and the xd holster for 499.00 plus tax is that resonable or should I wait it out?
I am supposed to receive a 4" and a 5" 45GAP model sometime tomorrow. The price for either is $482.00 delivered to your FFL dealer. By the way, I am an FFL dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts