Springfield XD Forum banner

XD 45 GAP Question

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  slugger6 
#1 ·
My father has just traded for his first XD :) but didn't realize when he traded it was a 45 GAP not ACP. My question is.... Does anyone know what all would be necessary to convert to 45 ACP? Would I need a different barrel or would new clips be the solution. Any help would be awesome, and before anyone says anything I HAVE already searched the forums and found nothing helpful about a GAP to ACP conversion. THanks

#2 ·
I'm fairly positive it isn't possible. The XD-45GAP is based on the 9mm/40S&W slide and frame, the XD-45ACP is a whole new frame and slide.

#5 ·
#7 ·
How often would the pistol be shot? If it is only a few boxes a year, the cost of the GAP ammo would not be too much, so maybe keep it. If it is going to be a regular shooter, you may want to trade again.

#8 ·
From what I understand you can't do that sort of conversion. The frame on the 45acp models is larger than any of the other models. So even if you could ream out the barrel to accomodate the longer case of the 45acp the 45acp magazines would not fit into the gun.
Ugh, the XD-45ACPs aren't bigger, just different inside.

#10 ·
As in the place where you put the magazine is longer front to back soes the longer ACP cans fit in the grips. Guess you could say longer in this case is bigger...........
It's only longer just under the trigger guard, the overall grip is a bit squarer that's all. The Croats performed a miracle in the XD-45ACP design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.