Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has just traded for his first XD :) but didn't realize when he traded it was a 45 GAP not ACP. My question is.... Does anyone know what all would be necessary to convert to 45 ACP? Would I need a different barrel or would new clips be the solution. Any help would be awesome, and before anyone says anything I HAVE already searched the forums and found nothing helpful about a GAP to ACP conversion. THanks

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'm fairly positive it isn't possible. The XD-45GAP is based on the 9mm/40S&W slide and frame, the XD-45ACP is a whole new frame and slide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I understand you can't do that sort of conversion. The frame on the 45acp models is larger than any of the other models. So even if you could ream out the barrel to accomodate the longer case of the 45acp the 45acp magazines would not fit into the gun.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts

·
Registered
29,735 Posts
There is, in fact, a way to convert your .45GAP pistol to .45ACP.

Simply trade it for an XD45ACP model.

Quite simple, really.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
How often would the pistol be shot? If it is only a few boxes a year, the cost of the GAP ammo would not be too much, so maybe keep it. If it is going to be a regular shooter, you may want to trade again.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
From what I understand you can't do that sort of conversion. The frame on the 45acp models is larger than any of the other models. So even if you could ream out the barrel to accomodate the longer case of the 45acp the 45acp magazines would not fit into the gun.
Ugh, the XD-45ACPs aren't bigger, just different inside.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
As in the place where you put the magazine is longer front to back soes the longer ACP cans fit in the grips. Guess you could say longer in this case is bigger...........
It's only longer just under the trigger guard, the overall grip is a bit squarer that's all. The Croats performed a miracle in the XD-45ACP design.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There is, in fact, a way to convert your .45GAP pistol to .45ACP.

Simply trade it for an XD45ACP model.

Quite simple, really.
+1

Simple is easy, and easy can be simple. :confused:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
He could do a .40/9mm swap if ammo costs are really a factor.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
"Caveat emptor"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts