Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local pawn shop has an xd 45 gap with the box . 3 mags . Looks to be in good shape. Plus a box of ammo$350 cash. Not really familiar with this caliber. What you all think?

·
Registered
29,589 Posts
Maybe for $200. I might consider $350 if it came with a case of ammo...because it’s pretty much an online-only proposition.

I only know of one gun shop in my area that carries GAP...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I owned a XD 5 inch 45 GAP back in the day. Finding ammo was a chore. I ‘twas a nice gun, but I finally sold it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Excellent cartridge. Will do anything a 45acp can do in a smaller package. Problem is ammo availability. Cartridge never took off because Americans are so 45 acp loyal and didn't want a foreigner designed round to replace a classic.

·
Registered
29,589 Posts
Excellent cartridge. Will do anything a 45acp can do in a smaller package. Problem is ammo availability. Cartridge never took off because Americans are so 45 acp loyal and didn't want a foreigner designed round to replace a classic.
Doesn't help that every .45GAP pistol has a standard capacity if 10 rounds or less...why limit myself if I can get a G21 with 13 rounds, and easier ammo accessibility?

My pet theory is that the .45 GAP cartridge was Glock’s gamble that 94AWB would be extended...because .45GAP only makes sense if you are limited to 10rds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts