Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First time poster here, but I have a problem I was hoping you might be able to help me with. I, obviously, have an XD 45 with ~1000 rounds through it. Recently I have been having problems feeding the first round in the mag into the pistol when it is not cocked (the extended firing pin jams the round onto the feed ramp). After cocking, the pistol feeds normally. I will attach pictures to better help explain. What are your thoughts?

-Leonidas730

Attachments

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Why is that firing pin out like that?
I was thinking the same thing to, IIRC, the pin shouldn't come out when racking slide.....have to go home and look for sure.

If the striker is indeed rusted, my guess is so is the springs in that channel and maybe even the sear.....

OP, can you confirm or deny the rust and any rusted or broken striker springs?

Pics of the bottom of the slide and sear section?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Save yourself the trip, I already checked mine and it doesn't.
There's definitely something wrong inside that slide.
Thanks, that what I thought, but wasn't going to pull my CCW in traffic to look......it might scare someone.....lol

Agreed, something wrong inside the slide

Hopefully OP can confirm the rust/springs soon, I am way curious

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Of course I know...Google is my friend. LOL
Ok, now I have to ask, what search terms did you actually google? The thought of googling "penzoil SBC pushrod year in junk yard valve cover off" amuses me

EDIT: I see you posted a pic, find rusty, burnt penzoiled ones and you will instantly understand the exactness

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I see now, but I am still going to have to amuse myself with google,standby
getting there...lol

here is the pushrod for the fuel pump...lol

EDIT:

not having luck, maybe ill upload one later from my "personal collection"

lol

sorry for the thread jack, still waiting on OP

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I seem to remember the last time this subject came up the problem was a broken roll pin. Replacing it kept the firing pin from sticking out too far. Search "roll pin replacement".

·
Registered
538 Posts
Take it all apart! And post pics... Nothing like some good ole fashioned XDissection!

·
Registered
265 Posts
That gun looks filthy and coated in oil, in and out. No offense to the original poster, but this reminds me of an old work story. When I was a mechanic, a woman had her car towed in, saying it wouldn't start. She was asked if she had done anything to it recently and she said she had topped off the oil. "How much did you put in?" she was asked. "Oh, till it came out the top." Bye bye engine...

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The OP should be taking the slide apart and cleaning the striker channel then someone needs to perform an intervention and take away his oil can!

That amount of oil combined with lack of cleaning = abuse.

It's better to have NO OIL.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had robars np3 coating applied to my xd they say no oil at all. I still put 3 drops on it and have never had a problem. You can just wipe off the residue with a cotton rag. No brushing except for the bore.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts