Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the more I shoot and practice, the more I think I want a trigger job done on my XD. Heard a lot of good about PRP.

I'm OK with the weight of the pull, but the reset is really long, and I'm noticing that my follow-up shots are not good as they should be.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I did the PRP match kit on my Biotone .45 compact myself. It was fun to do and made a HUGE diffence in the gun! Do it and don't look back!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I had Scott Springer do mine, told him to give me a 1911 trigger. He did a fine job. Unfortunately the original XD's will have a longer reset than say a Glock. But he pinned my trigger bsr and shortened the travel.

I think he now has a do it yourself kit so you dont have to send it in if you do not want to.

Trigger jobs are worth their weight in gold!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I sent my XD45 compact in to PRP for the trigger job plus polishing the feed ramp. It makes a world of difference on the trigger feel. No more overtravel & a short reset.

I did my XD9sc myself with the PRP kit but didn't have time to do the XD45c. Both have excellent feel now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do it! I sent my xdm45 to scott at springer and I couldn't be happier. All my xds are going make their way to him eventually

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did the Springer Precision Kit from PistolGear, arroved in a timely fashion. Easy to install with standard tools (gunsmith hammer, pin set) my trigger went from a sloppy factory pull of 5.5lbs to a nice clean 3.5 lbs. It made a whole world of difference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would like to have a trigger job done on mine, but for now my 45 compact is my carry, and I don't think I want a lighter trigger pull on it while I carry it.
Once I replace it with another carry gun I will be doing same as you.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
You can always just remove the take up and overtravel and keep the same trigger weight. These kits are very adaptable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can always just remove the take up and overtravel and keep the same trigger weight. These kits are very adaptable.
OK, tell me more, because I think that's exactly what I want to do.

My XD's and XDm are both carry pistols and tactical training and casual tactical competition pistols, so while I would like less travel, I do NOT want to lighten the trigger pull. They're all fine just the way they are that way.
I have never found the trigger pull to be heavy at all and don't want to mess with that part of it. The take up travel is another matter...

So, which PRP kit do I get, and what do I not install in order to just lessen the travel on my XD's and XDm?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Eaeiest to get the full trigger kit, not sure which one as mine is an older version. However, you will receive several lighter springs (trigger, sear, maybe striker,etc). Put in the parts for over-travel and take up reduction and what ever combination of stock and PRP lighter springs get the trigger pull where you want. I wanted reliability for SD (XD45) and just slightly lighter trigger. Kept the stock sear and striker springs. While it is apart and before installing any parts, do any polishing of the internals first. It can change the trigger pull slightly. True the striker/sear engagement and edges for even contact with a fine stone. (do NOT round off any edges) And since even light polishing can change the dimensions at the contact points, and change reset point and trigger feel, do this before installing and adjusting the kit parts. This is in the range of 0.0001-2" or less so no base material removal, just smoothing the high points.
For my range pistol (XDm40) I did the parts polish and went with the full kit installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts