Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an XD 45 Tactical which I really like. I am interested in purchasing an XD 45 Compact but I can not find one in any of the local gun stores to hold. The thing that I am most curious about is how much of a grip you can get on the ten round magazine. Can you get a full grip including your pinky finger or does the pinky finger dangle off? Can anyone who owns one please tell me about how much of the gun you can gett a grip on with the ten round magazine? Is is similar in grip size to a Glock 19 or more like a Glock 26? Also if the grip is too small to get a full hand on has anyone tried the pearce grip extensions that do not add magazine capacity? Also please mention your hand size (S,M,L) if you reply. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can squeeze all 4 fingers onto the handle and I have large hands with skinnier fingers. However, when I am drawing from my concealed holster, it's a 3-fingered draw. I cannot get the 4th finger on the grip until the entire gun is out of the holster - WITH the 10-round magazine. The 13-round mag is another story altogether.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I wear a medium sized glove, so here's a grip pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wear a medium sized glove, so here's a grip pic.

Thanks, a picture is worth a thousand words. I have large hands so my pinky might not get on there all the way. It looks like yours is really fighting for what little space it has.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The XD45c grip is very, very similar in size to the Gen3 Glock 19, minus the finger grooves.

If you stack them up, the guns are almost identical in every dimension. You would have to look closely to tell which one was on top.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I couldnt quite get my pinky finger on the grip. I put Pearce grips on my mags and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a medium hand and somewhat short fat fingers. I love the 10 rnd mag in the compact it forces me to hold higher and get a proper grip. The 13 round grip feels much to big and like there is too much room for my hand. But I also shoot a lot of the ruger single action guns so I'm used to a small grip that could make a difference

·
Registered
5 Posts
While I think my hands are medium, I have to buy large gloves for proper fit. My fingers are short and fat.....heh.
Like bigboredad above, I prefer the compact 10rd mag, it just feels better and makes me grip properly. My little finger is "on" the mag plate. I have tried the Pierce grip extensions, but do not care for them.
Just personal preference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is much like a glock 19. You get 2 mags with it. One with 10rnds capacity and one with 13 rounds capacity. The 13 rounder comes with grip extension so it would look like you have service model when you put in the 13round mag in your compact xd.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I am 5'9" and up to about 186 (not skinny) in my old age . Always felt I had an average hand for my size. But you got just a bit more finger on that compact grip than I can place on the full XD45 grip. Maybe that is why I have never considered owning any compact grip handgun after trying the small grip once and only got a trigger finger plus two anywhere touching the grip. My little finger extends a small amount below the bottom of the mag plate with a full size grip. Maybe this is something you really need to hold in your own hand before any decision.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have very large hands. I have trouble finding gloves that fit me. I can only get two fingers on my XD45c with the 10 round mag. But I will say it is plenty controllable for me and I really like the length of the 10 round mag for concealed carry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my HS45 compact with 10-rnd mag fits my hands perfectly. got medium-sized hands, size 7 latex operating gloves.

it feels more awkward when i put on my 13-rounder with sleeve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts