Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the local gun shop today and I over heard a person say that springfield was coming out with a XD 45 ACP in December???????????? anybody else hear of this? :shock:

·
Registered
298 Posts
i pray they do i need another xd in my collection two just isnt enough yet.

why send one or 2 to canyoncreek when you can send 4

:lol:

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
...45 acp...sigh... :cry:

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Eventually it may happen but it wont be in December. Think about it all the other xd updates have avaeraged about a year. The first release a few prototypes and show them off at places like the shot show and then about a year later they finally get them out to the general public.

Now the 357 sub may come out by Dec.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I think James could be letting us in on a little insider information!?!? 8)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have been pushing on this forum for some time now(go to page 19 if you don't believe me) to see an XD on steroids(10mm/.45 acp). I know it will happen,it's just a question of how soon the croation plant can get things up and running.Can I order mine now? I'll have a 10mm tactical with Nato green frame! I am still waiting,credit card in hand. I think 15 rounds of 10mm(13 in .45 acp) will do. As a footnote, if you really want the performance you will unquestionably go with the 10mm.The .45 is no better than the 10mm special,I mean uh.....40 S&W. :wink:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
So Flo said:
I think James could be letting us in on a little insider information!?!? 8)
when James speaks... one must listen! Does he know something we do not??? :twisted: :twisted: Damn I can't afford another XD, but in .45ACP, I'd have to have one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did you correct them and say, "No such thing - it's just '.45 Colt?'" Or would that have gone over worse than, "Suuuuure." :lol:

Andy

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
We can dream, can we not?

Really now, why major arms makers chose to ignore the 45acp in favor of trendy, niche rounds like the 45gap and 357sig in a pistol like the XD design is beyond me.

I have heard some say "a 45acp XD would not sell"

yeah...right.

When has ANYTHING in 45acp been a slow seller?

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
885 Posts
My guess is, that if it happens, it will be a long time from now. The XD is already offered in the .45gap. Even though gap ammo is expensive and difficult to find...that fact remains that the XD has a .45 calber offering in it's line-up.

Brickboy240: check your pm's

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
You know if someone ponies up the cash to pay for the injection molding I a sure SA would take it. Your looking at several 10`s of thousands of dollars before the tooling is even finished, not to mention the after fact of the texturing of the tooling then there is refinement. Then you have to retool for the magazines, and retool for the slide they have the breech face area done, but with the longer round other dementions will have to change.

In five years the xd-hs2000 has grown, think about it.
Service, sub, tactical, 4 calibres.
How long did it take after the Glock 17 for Glock to release the first large frame 10mm/45acp, I thought it was something like eight years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I want a .45 ACP if it's single stack. Look at how popular the 1911 is, and I think part of that is the thinness for carry. .45 in a double stack is on the verge of retarded. Imagine a singlestack subcompact. I like the GAP fine, but make the ACP a singlestack. Back when Frank was working in customer service he had mentioned that was the current line of thinking and that SA knows we want all flavors.

·
Registered
256 Posts
XD_Dan said:
My guess is, that if it happens, it will be a long time from now. The XD is already offered in the .45gap. Even though gap ammo is expensive and difficult to find...that fact remains that the XD has a .45 calber offering in it's line-up.

Brickboy240: check your pm's

I pay the same for my GAP rounds as ACP at Gander Mountain. Not hard to find. Do you own a 45 GAP pistol?

·
Registered
200 Posts
ajamesp51 is correct and i dont recal seeing any type of XD -45acp at the shot show this past Jan. or any descusion of such in the making. But we can hope and dream tho!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts