Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take it for what its worth. Seems it hasn't passed R&D yet. If it goes like the Sub-Compact and the GAP we'll be lucky to see them by the end of next year.

A new model has been discussed in the R&D department but no production
date has been determined at this time. Please check back in another
60-90 days.

Brandy
Springfield Customer Service
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
1-800-680-6866

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
SA has taken about a year to release a product after the first adds and shot show. So about this time next year we should have these. Last year we were told the gap would come out the 1st quarter then 2nd ect.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Son of Norway said:
I think their marketing folks and their R & D folks need to speak to each other.
I'm of the mind to concur.

I don't think hype sells as much of a product as just producing it and getting it out there.

After John Romero's Daikatana BS, i'm not a big fan of the "hype machine" anymore. (Maybe someone gets the reference?)

That said, I could still wet my pants over an XDACP. :)

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I really hope I don't have to wait a year for this thing...my stomach is all up in knots in excitement over this pistol.
As Frenchy said in another thread...I have the HS2000 and vowed to wait for the 45 acp XD before I bought another one...that is not to say that I don't love the HS, I do! But I want it in 45 acp.
Either way, I'll sell plasma, blood, sperm, whatever it takes to raise the funds for this new XD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts