Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my subscription copy of the February 2006 "Guns Magazine" today. Page 25, full page ad. 14-round capacity! On the previous page is an ad that says ALL XD-45s will come with the "gear" package that was done in limited edition earlier in the year: belt holster, double mag pouch, mag loader, 2 mags and cable lock.

I guess it's finally time to buy a .45 !

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Jcook119 said:
Got my subscription copy of the February 2006 "Guns Magazine" today. Page 25, full page ad. 14-round capacity! On the previous page is an ad that says ALL XD-45s will come with the "gear" package that was done in limited edition earlier in the year: belt holster, double mag pouch, mag loader, 2 mags and cable lock.

I guess it's finally time to buy a .45 !

Thanks,
James

I'd read elsewhere that every XDACP with the last 2 number "06" will get the gear package, but only those. Now where did I see that...?

·
Registered
725 Posts
i say we get the powers to be to really try for a group buy for the .45acp..

heck even give us a xdtalk edition with like ajames and oldschools faces etched into the slide and a little kermie head as the front site!'

im lazy somone make a photochop of it!

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
GROUP BUY...GROUP BUY...GROUP BUY...GROUP BUY...
(say it with me)...
:lol: :lol: 8) 8)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
So Flo said:
(say it with me)...
:lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Am I saying it loud enough? Can the wonderful guys and girls at SA hear me? :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
IMO a group buy on something like this isn't worth the trouble unless you could save $200. or more, which ain't going to happen.

Whoever takes shipment would have to ship all the guns overnight ($50.) to your individual dealers and most of the time they will charge you a transfer fee ($25.)

So if you could save $75. doing a group buy it would be eaten up in shipping and transfer costs.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
The group buy would be easy but as stated the shipping and transfercosts would not really make it worth it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ok, please do this very carefully...

-Go buy a flatbed scanner. Best buy should have them pretty cheap. Get one with a USB cable.
-Go home.
-Plug the usb cable into your computer. Let it load the driver.
-Take your magazine (not the silver one with the bullets in it, the paper one with the ad in it) and open it to this ad.
-Place the ad face down on the scanner.
-Do whatever the manual tells you to do to get it to scan.
-POST AN IMAGE PLEASE!

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone else hear the "Hallelujah Chorus" in their head? It makes a grown man want to cry. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
is Springfield Armory oblivious to the number of people who will hover around their website at the latest offerings???

i get so irritated at companies who spend so much in advertising and won't even update a website... and even when they do, the specs on models could be so much more in depth, why not???

just now i clicked on the "what's new" part of their website, and the only thing there is a posting from this past May!

ironically there's a heading on the page:

Bookmark this page and come back often to see all the latest we have to offer.

what a joke

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i predict that xd 45 gap sales will take a dive and even glock 45 acp sales will start to fall

*pondering* i wonder how long until a xd45acp 5inch model

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Stop teasing me!

Sorry my XD-40....you're out of here. You have been a good pistol, but a 45 ACP has GOT to replace you!

Another "see I told you so"...is it not?

Why these gunmakers don't offer the 45ACP FIRST when they bring out a new gun is beyond me. Come on now...its what we all want...right?

Come on now...lets be honest...how many of you would have bought 9mm or 40SW XDs if the 45ACP was offered at the same time?

A 45ACP XD...that just rocks!!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
209 Posts
Brickboy- Keep in mind that the XD is European designed. Europeans are generally not big into the .45 ACP round and most pistol manufacturers there tend to start with NATO standard calibers.

Now, why US manufacturers start with 9mm is beyond me...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mongoose17 said:
Does anyone else hear the "Hallelujah Chorus" in their head? It makes a grown man want to cry. :D
Nope, didn't hear the "Hallelujah Chorus", but I did almost pee in my pants and have been giddy as a schoolgirl for a couple of days now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh, there are reasons for the 9 over the .45 for practicality

- the 9 is cheaper to shoot
- a loaded 9 and loaded 9 mags is less carrying weight than loaded 45 and mags
-you can fit more ammo in a given space
-more comfortable inside the waistband
-and given the scenario, if more penetration is desirable, the 9mm fmj will arguably penetrate more than a 45 fmj given that it's faster and narrower

so i'll probably stick with my xd9 tac, even though 45acp is my favorite handgun caliber

(and 3 more rounds before reloading is 3 more rounds before reloading)

p.s. and yes i'm aware of the points to be made for the 45 over the 9 so don't bombard :wink:

hey whoever opts for the 45 i say great! whatever you like best (but for the love of common sense don't let it be 25acp :? )

·
Registered
338 Posts
Gadget said:
Mongoose17 said:
Nope, didn't hear the "Hallelujah Chorus", but I did almost pee in my pants and have been giddy as a schoolgirl for a couple of days now.
Just peed in my pants. www.springfield-armory.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts