Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to see a new xd45 5.25 yesterday , all i can say is wow , what a firearm!!!!. i really really want one, but price wise ouch , ouch ouch ,, guess ill have to save up bigtime, 800 bucks but in comparing with other 45's its in the ball park, hopefully they price will drop and i can snag one soon,

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
got to see a new xd45 5.25 yesterday , all i can say is wow , what a firearm!!!!. i really really want one, but price wise ouch , ouch ouch ,, guess ill have to save up bigtime, 800 bucks but in comparing with other 45's its in the ball park, hopefully they price will drop and i can snag one soon,
I held one again, on Friday $768 out here ... And then held a Glock 34 @ $589.

Then I asked how much for the 9 Tactical, and was told $505 out the door, but they'd have to order it.

The price difference IMO,
Equates to a hell of a lot of trigger, tungsten guide rod, and sight change (if wanted) ... Plus many boxes of ammo.

I totally understand wanting the 5.25, though ... It looks cool, and $hit, it's and XD ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I fired the 9mm 5.25 at our local outfitters 'Day at the Range' where SA (amongst others) had all the latest toys to try. Ordered mine there and then and picked it up last Wednesday. My Outfitters also ordered in a 45 and another 9mm. 2 friends of mine bought the 45 and other 9mm before they even got on the shelves, we were all THAT impressed with it. The overall changes may appear minimal, but it shoots SOOO different from a standard XDm. Is it worth the extra $250, I think so, but then I am biased.

·
Premium Member
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fired the 9mm 5.25 at our local outfitters 'Day at the Range' where SA (amongst others) had all the latest toys to try. Ordered mine there and then and picked it up last Wednesday. My Outfitters also ordered in a 45 and another 9mm. 2 friends of mine bought the 45 and other 9mm before they even got on the shelves, we were all THAT impressed with it. The overall changes may appear minimal, but it shoots SOOO different from a standard XDm. Is it worth the extra $250, I think so, but then I am biased.

nice report sounds like a winner to me, what price range are yours fallin into

·
Registered
163 Posts
Be patient and shop around. I bought my 5.25 9mm for just under $700 a couple of weeks ago. Of course if you wait too long you will miss out on the gear up promotion flashing at the top of this page.

2nd chance to try it out today. The steel swingers were dancing this time. The adjustable sights are handy when trying an assortment of factory loads. As most of you already know the XDM has flawlessly cycled about 400 rounds so far.

·
Premium Member
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh always patience i like what they have done but just hard on the pocket for me

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Says who ?

XD9 Tactical versus XDm 5.25 range reports from the bench

Same freak'n accuracy level is all I can find :wink:

Ah, but from 1 opinion and from a rest. The XDm was never suposed to be a bullseye or benchrest gun. I have never understood either myself, I prefer practical shooting (gun in my hands with no bench). From that perspective I have personally found that the 5.25 shoots better than most polys and many steel semis. The main thing it does better (IMHO) is the much reduced muzzle flip, it just ain't as snappy. Sights are not perfect for all, but they work for me. Trigger is the one area that I will spend the $$.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, the main thing is the ported barrel. I know a lot of XD shooters that compete in ipsc were wanting a ported version to make race guns out of...kinda make sense that Springfield would jump on the opportunity.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Ah, but from 1 opinion and from a rest. The XDm was never suposed to be a bullseye or benchrest gun. I have never understood either myself, I prefer practical shooting (gun in my hands with no bench). From that perspective I have personally found that the 5.25 shoots better than most polys and many steel semis. The main thing it does better (IMHO) is the much reduced muzzle flip, it just ain't as snappy. Sights are not perfect for all, but they work for me. Trigger is the one area that I will spend the $$.
Nor was the XD ;)
And that thread proves what you are saying.

·
Premium Member
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, the main thing is the ported barrel. I know a lot of XD shooters that compete in ipsc were wanting a ported version to make race guns out of...kinda make sense that Springfield would jump on the opportunity.

iam pretty sure the barrel is not ported on the 525 ? they cut out the slide but from what i read the barrel is not ported. the v10's were ported way back when on the 9mm srevice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put about 300+ flawless rounds through my new 5.25 45 ACP this afternoon. The gun shoots great! Not so sure I am a fan of the sights though. Maybe a little more range time and they will grow on me..

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
iam pretty sure the barrel is not ported on the 525 ? they cut out the slide but from what i read the barrel is not ported. the v10's were ported way back when on the 9mm srevice
Not ported, just a "coffin" style slide cut for weight reduction.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts