Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a XD 45 ACP 4" in OD Green. Model number is 9612.

It is new in the box and never fired.

Did I get a good deal or is that pretty standard?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Was it just the gun alone,or did it come in the the gun carring case with holster,dual mag holster,2 mags,gun lock,and cleaning brush.$460 sounds about right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds good to me. New or Used? I paid $200 more at a pawnshop that came case and all I fell in love with it the minute I held it. Fit like a glove. If I DO get another pistol it's going to be a SA maybe XDM 357

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is brand spanking new in the factory box with all the bits and bobs.

It'll be here tomorrow and I can't wait to take it to the range this weekend.

I found it on GunBroker.com. I am a bit miffed, however, because I saw that they posted an identical piece for $30 cheaper after I bought this one.

Rawr.

·
Registered
806 Posts
It took me a minute to figure this all out.

Your thread title confused me. It is possible to convert an XD 45 to the 460 Rowland caliber, so when you said you bought it for 460, I assumed you meant you bought it to convert it to 460.

That isn't a bad price. The last XD I bought was the 9 Subcompact. And I paid 435 + tax.(since I bought it at a local shop) So it ended up being around 460 when all was said and done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal. Thanks everyone I feel pretty good about the deal I found on this, now I am even more excited to get my hands on it!

Any standard upgrades anyone would suggest for this out of the box? Grip tape, upgraded trigger or sights?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats. :D I think it's a good price. I just paid $555 for the 4" service model XD-45 with the factory night sights.

As far as upgrades, personally, I'm a big fan of fiber optics. I added them to my XDm-9. I keep going back and forth about whether to get a PRP trigger job for the XDm.

Here's my TruGlo TFO fiber optics:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
It took me a minute to figure this all out.

Your thread title confused me. It is possible to convert an XD 45 to the 460 Rowland caliber, so when you said you bought it for 460, I assumed you meant you bought it to convert it to 460.

That isn't a bad price. The last XD I bought was the 9 Subcompact. And I paid 435 + tax.(since I bought it at a local shop) So it ended up being around 460 when all was said and done.
Lol I was thinking that same thing

·
Registered
232 Posts
I sent my slide to Gilbert's Guns. The sights are about $75. I think it was about $15 to install. Then there was shipping both ways. But Gilbert's did the work the same day they got the slide and shipped it back out the same day. So start to finish was about four days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know. I'll run a couple hundred rounds through it before I make any changes just to make sure I am familiar with it and am sure of what I want to change.

Whitebox ammo should be fine, right?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good deal. Thanks everyone I feel pretty good about the deal I found on this, now I am even more excited to get my hands on it!

Any standard upgrades anyone would suggest for this out of the box? Grip tape, upgraded trigger or sights?
I'm a fan of leaving the gun as is. I have 3 XD 45s. A 4" service and two 5" tacticals. They work great out of the box. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for the price, yes, you got a decent deal. It's about mid range. If you see another one for $30 less, buy it, and have two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good deal. Thanks everyone.

I went to pick up my new toy Friday but was turned away temporarily because the FBI check flagged me. My ex-wife, in one of many less-than-sane moments hence the EX part, called the cops once while we were fighting, I was hauled away. Charges were dropped, no court, no other problems, but I'm sure that's what it was.

I completely forgot about that until I went to pick it up.

I have an AR-15 lower coming to the same FFL, you all think I'm going to be delayed again?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, sounds like a great price. Get to know pistol before you start buying Add-ons. These are the best shooting pistols on the market today!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Paid 500.00 for mine in black, hi-cap mag, nite sights. Absolutely love this gun. Can get ammo at the wally mart for less that 20.00 per box here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just paid $550 + tax in Tucson,AZ for mine. Came with what everyone else said, except it had 3 mags instead of 2. The salesperson told me it was the law enforcement package or something like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts