Springfield XD Forum banner

Should you have your feed ramp pollished or upgrade amo?

• Feed ramp pollish

• Upgrade amo

• New guide rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had trouble with my XD shooting Rem UMC. Over ten FTF out of Eight hundred rounds. Any suggestions on better amo to use? Would a feed ramp pollishing job help too?

·
Registered
533 Posts
use different ammo.. some guns just dont like certin kinds of ammo.

I would not do any mods to your gun just it wont shoot some cheap ammo. try WWB, or S&B, its good ammo at good prices. if you still are having problems after trying MANY different ammo brands then contact Springfield Armory and they will probly fix it for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll try that. If the ammo experimenting doesn't work, how did you pollish the feed ramp without screwing it up? Isn't it better to have a smith do it?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My Tactical came from the factory with a polished feedramp. It has only seen 40 factory rounds now out of the first 1000 rounds fired, the rest have been my reloads. I have never had a Fail to anything. Polish the feedramp up a bit but be sure to only polish, not change angles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had to polish the feedramp on my second XD40 Tactical. The bottom lip of the chamber throat kept catching my rounds as they tried to enter the chamber. I softened the sharp edge a little and it magically began working correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts