Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my XD-40 today and I have never had a SemiAuto handgun be so hard to pull the slide back. I have a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded and the difference pulling back the slide is night and day. Anyone have this issue or am I just getting old?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have lots of toyz ;-) and this one freaked me with how much it takes to pull back the slide.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yea it will loosen up. I had the exact same impression when i got mine.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats on your new XD. Get ya some Tetra gun grease on the metal to metal contact surfaces, and youll notice a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Depending on it's use, I wouldn't get too carried away with any grease. Minimum oil is best for XD IMHO. The gun will get easier to rack but mostly get used to a manly pull to make it work.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Have you cleaned the gun yet? The shipping grease may have acquired some grit or may have gotten gummy. All the ones I've done have been pretty easy. A wee bit of quality gun grease applied sparingly with a tooth pick will help it.

If this is your first striker fired gun, you should be careful to NOT oil or lube the striker. Powder residue gets in with the striker and if lubed it will form a gooey glop that slows down the strike if not cleaned. Either zero lube or a no residue dry lube like 100% silicone spray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts