Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i fire hotter loads, the M6 flies off the gun... i know that it's on correctly, i just think maybe i need a shim or something... is there a way to increase the tension on the M6?

·
Registered
196 Posts
fl4ian said:
when i fire hotter loads, the M6 flies off the gun... i know that it's on correctly, i just think maybe i need a shim or something... is there a way to increase the tension on the M6?
Sorry that I have more questions vs. an answer for you but I'm interested in what this does to your "ZERO" when it flies off? Do you have to reset it everytime?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It may not be seated all the way back and locked in. At first it's tight to get all the way on and you may not realize it hasn't lick in all the way.

getting it on and off was really hard the first few times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blkhawk, no, the laser is zeroed inside the mechanism itself, not according to the gun...

rojas, it's seated. it's just coming off with hot loads...

·
Registered
60 Posts
How is the tension on the M6's "takedown lever"
is it worn and easily pushed down.
What exactly are the hot loads this is happening with
vs. what rds doesn't it happen with.

Do you always shoot with it on. I tend to think that isn't
the best idea as the shock is only going to wear it out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah, if you really want the laser on all the time, you may wanna think about the new LaserMax that is "supposed" to be coming out for the XDs in a few months. Just a thought.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
locosteelersfan, i think what you said is what's going on ... the takedown level, depressing that springloaded fold of metal isn't very strong...

the hot load i first noticed it with was the cor-bon powrball. since then, it seems to only be getting worse, it happened the other day with fiocchi 170gr. WWB, and wolf (in 180gr) don't give it any problems.

and yes, i always keep the M6 attached, as that's the way i carry.

blkhawk, yeah, i saw those... seem a little pricey though... especially because the M6 wasn't cheap either![/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts