Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What conversions are available for the XD 40. My son got me one for fathers day. I love the gun but not very easy to hied for a cc.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
There are no after market slides or frames so unless you want to alter the existing frame there isn't anything that will make it smaller.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
As Agalindo said, your only option for smaller is to trade it for one of the compacts or subcompacts.

I have the same model and the same problem. Crossbreed and others make CC holsters that do accomodate it however.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
If you do not mind wiping out the resale value of the pistol, and are adventurous, you can do a grip chop. This is a permanent alteration that reduces the full grip down to compact grip length. Then you have to purchase the compact magazines and mag sleeves for the existing full length mags. NOT really worth the hassle and reduction in value. You would be better off simply trading for a (factory made) compact grip pistol. Or while the three extra mag promotion is running, just add a new compact grip/shorter slide version in the same or different caliber to your collection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts