Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range with my new XD fired 100 rounds, 50 @ 165 gr. and 50 @ 180 gr. Winchester white box. I had NO mechanical problems. But I will say that I am disappointed with the accuracy. Maybe it is just me, I am used to red dots,
and have never liked or been able to use notch and post type sights very well.
In my experience with match .22’s it is acting like I was using the wrong ammo.
I will change ammunition brand shoot again and then re-post. Thanks.

· Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Glad it functioned good for you. Yep, those dots will spoil you. Got to get back to basics...front sight. A little practice (the fun part) and you'll get her in there.

· Registered
884 Posts
I wasn't real thrilled with the accuracy of my Tactical, about 2"-3 1/2" at 30', but that was OK it worked fine then I put Dawson adjustble sights on it, and it turned it in to a target pistol,1"-1 1/2" at 30', so I put the dawson adjustable night sights on my Service Model with the same results. I think that the the factory back sight has a little to much room around for real precision shooting, I think the Dawsons give you a better sight picture. I don't think I will change the sights no my sub-compact just yet, that one is good for 2" at 7 yards, maybe night sights some day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.