Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range with my new XD fired 100 rounds, 50 @ 165 gr. and 50 @ 180 gr. Winchester white box. I had NO mechanical problems. But I will say that I am disappointed with the accuracy. Maybe it is just me, I am used to red dots,
and have never liked or been able to use notch and post type sights very well.
In my experience with match .22’s it is acting like I was using the wrong ammo.
I will change ammunition brand shoot again and then re-post. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Glad it functioned good for you. Yep, those dots will spoil you. Got to get back to basics...front sight. A little practice (the fun part) and you'll get her in there.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I wasn't real thrilled with the accuracy of my Tactical, about 2"-3 1/2" at 30', but that was OK it worked fine then I put Dawson adjustble sights on it, and it turned it in to a target pistol,1"-1 1/2" at 30', so I put the dawson adjustable night sights on my Service Model with the same results. I think that the the factory back sight has a little to much room around for real precision shooting, I think the Dawsons give you a better sight picture. I don't think I will change the sights no my sub-compact just yet, that one is good for 2" at 7 yards, maybe night sights some day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Most likely it's you. If your like me and shoot all different types of handguns you have to adjust to the gun and trigger. Practice makes Perfect as they say. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts