Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

First off, let me thank all of you for providing this wealth of information.

I walked in to my local gun store a few weeks ago intent on fondling a HK USP, a Glock 23, a Walther P99, a Steyr M40 and a CZ TT for my first pistol of my very own; of course the latter two aren't "California approved" so those went out the window, and they only had the S&W P99. I asked if there were any other polymer pistols I should check out and a XD-40 Service was placed in my hands. Who the hell is Springfield Armory and where have they been all my life? Wow, it felt natural, unlike the Glock. Can I try the trigger? Smooooth. Is the HK *really* that much better for the money?

I went home and devoured all I could about the XD, including most of these forums, tried a couple at the range and made my decision. Back at the store. It will be a month before you get a black Service model in? Hmmm... That Subcompact feels just as good, and I can always get a 4" next month... I'll take it!

So I went to the range yesterday after work. I could barely concentrate all day. I get a box each of WWB and Fiocci and a HKS Model 452 speed loader and go to town. Sent the target down to 21 ft and my first two shots go through the same hole! In the red! Check it out!

I got trigger happy and the rest of the shots were a bit sloppier, but I was thrilled that the nay-sayers who scolded me for getting a compact that will "not be accurate" were proved wrong.

I burned through almost 100 rounds in 1/2 hour, and was shaking pretty badly at the end, but boy am I happy with my purchase!

For anyone in LA: Does the Walmart on Crenshaw sell ammo?

Thanks for listening.

-N

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also have an XD 40 SC and could not be happier with it. I ended up getting the OD because they were out of the black. I dont think the color will make any difference to the target. :lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome to the forum and xd family. Up until today, my xd has been nothing but great. I live in the LA area as well, but i don't kno if the crenshaw walmart carries ammo. Most do. I know there is one in the san fernando valley that doesnt though. As for other la county ones that do.... Puente Hills, Pico Rivera, West Covina, and Azusa.

What range do you shoot at? i go to the burbank Firing Line range across the street from Costco.

·
Registered
539 Posts
DarkTide said:
Up until today, my xd has been nothing but great.
Up Until today? What went wrong?
Well its been a while since that i posted that reply, but what happen was that halfway through my range trip, my xd trigger crapped out. It pretty much went limp and did not reset when i released it after a firing a round. I sent it in to SA for a warranty repair, and customer service told me on friday that i should expect it back sometime around next week. It seriously has affected my confidence in the xd. I took the opportunity though, to have a set of trijicon's installed while its out at their shop. Can't wait to get it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts