Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be worth the extra money to buy a new gun versus a used that way i would have the lifetime warranty and extra mags? the used gun i found is 299 so id only be saving about $100

·
Registered
82 Posts
Depends. If you're like me, I keep my guns, cars, trucks, motorcycles etc... a LONG time. And I take care of my stuff so I normally buy new so I can only blame poor maintenance on myself.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
if you can buy a new xd .40 for 400 bucks id say go for it cause thats really cheap for a new one!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Is worth it to me to spend that extra $100. Your getting about $90 worth of magazines, and the warranty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i would never sell a gun, i just keep buying more. lol but this would be my first pistol. i was thinking that i could sell the extra mags and holder and get some of my money back. i only need 3 mags.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
. i was thinking that i could sell the extra mags and holder and get some of my money back. i only need 3 mags.
Hold on cowboy. Thoes extra mags are great if you were to ever also own the XDsc. Just buy extra, or slip the existing sleeve of the sc over the longer mags., and then they work for both pistols. This was a goldmine for me when I got my sc, and rangetime comes around. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought used cause XD prices here new are through the roof. 550$ bone stock. I got my xd40sc for 425$ with trijicon NS already on it, and I can tell it was well taken care of. Plus I've heard XD says lifetime and means it. I know several folks that bought used and SA covered the gun still

·
Registered
82 Posts
yea i would never sell a gun, i just keep buying more. lol but this would be my first pistol. i was thinking that i could sell the extra mags and holder and get some of my money back. i only need 3 mags.
If you decide to peddle the extra mags, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You only THINK you need 3 mags. Then you get 5 and you will be like, gosh this is convenient, think I'll keep them. Then later, you'll be like, ok, where do I get more?

Never sell magazines. You always wish you hadn't when you have a problem with one later and you wish you had one more on hand.

the $100 dollar difference is nothing over the lifetime of the gun, why worry about it. If you can afford the pistol in the first place, you can afford the extra $100 for the mags and the warranty, generally speaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts