Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a ton of research, I have decided on the XD 40. I will carry it as a CCW as well as recreational range shooting. Is the XD SC as accurate as the XD Service ? Is the XD Service easy to conceal?
Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the forum as far as self defense either one is fine at the range service will be more accurate Longer barrell I have all of the above in xd's I prefer the service although have you thought about the 357 sig xd sweet round that is my favorite although ammo cost more...

·
Premium Member
24,714 Posts
one way to look at yur range time? is if yur goin to use the sub for carry all the time then use the range time for practice with it at the distance u plan on useing it, the subs arent target guns , the short grip make it great for carry but lacking in the target class , ive owned both in 9mm and id say go forthe sub so u have a good carry gun ,if u wantto use something for target playing then the service, hell go fo it get both , most of all here do it sooner or later , usually u end up with all three haahha have fun anyway u go

·
Registered
244 Posts
ditto what they all said. I got the service first for practice. Then I got the CCW itch and got the sub. I love both, though the sub is more practical for me. If you can find the .357 its pretty sweet, but I've never found one. I prefer the 9's just cause it makes practicing cheaper, and I trust a smaller bullet with more practice more than I trust a bigger bullet with less practice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been debating about these two as well. I like the smaller grip on the SC so I may either go with that or a Service with the grip cut down. Then I have the smaller grip for concealability but have the longer barrel for better control and more options such as a 9mm conversion barrel if I buy the .40.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.
I have decided to get the XD 40 service. After I shoot it for a bit I will most likely get the SC as well. What advise do any of you have with the choice of sights offered from the factory i.e. Heinie Tritium Slant Pro or Trijicon?

Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have Trijicons on my Glock, and both on my Khars, and Novaks on my 1911, and my XD40 Service got a set of the Dawson adjustable night sights (more money but I like them the best).
They are all bright enough to see from across the room in the dark, thats why they call them gun finder dots.
I think I am going to go with the Truglo TFOs on my SC, I have read alot of good feedback on those.
I hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts