Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I have an XD-40 4" and XD-M .40. I carry the XD-40 as my carry gun and the M for IDPA competition. I want to pick up a smaller handgun. Now my allegiance is to the XD... but boy does the M&P shoot nice. I have issues with it, but for a BUG, or for an occasional carry... it would be fine.

Comments? Ideas? I've shot the M&P .40 compact, but not the XD-40 SC. Not sure which way to go.

-- Jeff

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like my SC 40. The felt recoil I would say is about 5% more than my XD 4". Shoots great though and works great. I'd give the Springfield a slight advantage on quality. I haven't done any testing, but it looks and feels a little more solid. On the flip side, I've never had an S&W that I wasn't happy with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im curious tho, why duplicate calibers again?
There are a couple of reasons. First, I reload. The single caliber helps to keep expenses down. Secondly, I train, compete and carry pretty much the same load. If/when the poo hits the fan, everything happens and feels the same as it has thousands of rounds as before.... and finally... I just like the .40. Not too small and not too big. It's just right!

8)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've got an M&P compact in 9mm. When I got it it was between the smith and the xd and I figured that I'd pick up a smith to mix things up a little. Honestly I love the M&P, probably even more than my xd. The feel of it seems much better to me, it seems to point better and feels better in my hand. BUT, if I had to choose one that I would feel would last longer, I would probably go with the xd. Don't ask me why, but I just feel like it's slightly higher quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts