Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Xd 40 subcompact a few months ago and have really liked it. I only bought it with the 12 round extended magazine so I went onto armslist and found someone selling 1. extended 12 round mag, 1. 9 round flush magazine and 1 paddle holster for $60. I think this was a fair deal.

Finally on monday I took the gun out with the flush magazine and shot it at a friends in the woods. I was shocked by the low recoil and accuracy with the flush magazine. My hold on the gun is high and tight using two hands. I owned a glock 22 full size and ran over 2000 rounds through it so I got very comfortable with the recoil of the 40.

After shooting 30 rounds of federal aluminum cased 180 grain I thought I was going crazy because the recoil was so low. I shot a buddys glock 27 and did not find the recoil this low. I pulled out some carry ammo I had needed to "burn" due to set back. It was federal 180 grain Hst. Some of the hottest stuff I have shot. Recoil was still manageable.

I was thinking about getting a pierce grip extention but I dont seem to be worried about it now. I purchased the gun used for $350 with only the extended magazine.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nice. I had a xd40sc that I carried for years and I liked it pretty well. Since you bought it used it migh thave a heavier spring in it which will help with recoil. Although noticably snappier, the .40 S&W in not as bad as some people say.

A friend of mine have glocks, mine is a G19 and his is a G27. We were at the range and both of us could group tighter and quicker shooting 3rds with the G19, but the G27 wasn't bad by any means.

Enjoy the xdsc40 and keep shooting!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I enjoy shooting my XD40sc, in fact it is my favorite at the range. It is also in my carry rotation, with the 9 round mag, vs. the extended. I have installed pierce grip extensions on the mags, as my pinky still likes something to hang onto, although it doesn't change my accuracy or perceived recoil.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
mine has about the recoil i expected but its a fairly jumpy little guy. my advice, get a pierce grip extension for your small mags. they drastically improve the feel of the gun.

Reactions: diesel lover

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Recoil feel is just that - "feel." It's subjective.

How well the gun may or may not fit your (unique, as a person) hands can have a lot to do with it.

If you feel good about it, run with it. :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I had my dad try it and my close friend. My dad hates all of the double safety triggers. After finding out my glock had one he wanted nothing to do with it. He tried my Springfield. He found the trigger was manageable! He hates creep on triggers. With a round trigger and a single action pull he really approved of it! At that point he could see why I carry it. My dads favorite triggers are his smith and Wesson pre- lock mod 19 in single action, my 1930s and 40s era 1911 is a really crisp trigger, and finally my ruger superblackhawk in 44 mag. He said the xd trigger really isn't too bad!

Ruger has come out with a Lc9s that is sticker fired. You have to feel the trigger just wow!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts