Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out in the desert with a few other guys to shoot some cans and junk. We had a lot of different weapons, but among them were my XD-40 SC, a S&W 40 in poly, another S&W metal framed, and a Glock 40.

I was lucky to come home with my gun, as everyone offered to trade theirs for (or steal) the XD.

The XD seems to fit better in my hand than the others, and I am definitely more consistent when shooting it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
honestly my boys both have hkp2000 compact 40's

and they always wanna shoot mine for some reason lol

xd40sc ftw

·
Registered
559 Posts
I love my XD40sc. My friend really likes it, and wants one of his own, but his GF is making him lean towards the XD9sc, cause she had trouble with the kick of the 40. Love my 40 and carry it all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am considering the purchase of an XD 40 with a 3-inch barrel for CCW. I currently have an XD 45 tac, which I love and has NEVER missed a beat no matter what ammo I put thru it. However, the 45tac is a "big ol' gun" and hard to CCW plus I don't own a 40.

Are you talking about the 3-inch barrel in your posts? How does it kick/flip-up vs. a 45 5-inch? Thanks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
whenever you see xd40SC then it is the 3" barrell.. there is also a compact version but the SC is the smallest of them all

·
Registered
559 Posts
The 3 inch is going to have a bit of kick to it, but it does have the double recoil spring, as compared to the 5" which has a single no captive recoil spring. I think that this helps a bit for the recoil. I don't own a XD45, so I can't tell you how much difference, but you do get used to it, and compared to my wifes 1911's I think its quite managable. It's also alot easier to conceal(wife wasn't sure if I was carrying the other day!)

If you are in love with the 45ACP round, then I would suggest that you take a cook at the XD45c. It has the shorter grip, with a 4" barrel.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I haven't fired the 45 yet, so I can't compare them. But I can tell you that the recoil on the 40 SC is significant, but quite manageable, and it is easy to quickly re-acquire the target for rapid firing.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I also love my XD40sc. when i was looking to buy a carry gun, i tried the glock 27 but i cant stand the grip angle of glocks so that was a no go. the S&W M&P was nicer in the hand but it felt like a toy gun when i was shooting it. then i tried my brothers 40SC and loved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts