Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can squeeze 10 rounds in my SC mags and they still drop free. They are a bit tighter when loaded into the pistol with the slide forward. Otherwise everything seems to work ok.

Who has real world experience of this either working or not with their SC 40's?

I dont want to damage the pistol or have any FTFs or FTE's but if I can carry an extra round that would be great.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can get 13 into all of my 12 rounders (found out by accident) but have never tried to shoot with them loaded like that.

So far I have haven't even had a hiccup, and i don't want to. I really want some of the 20 rounders for the range, but would hate to ruin a perfect track record just for a novelty.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am aware of 13 in the 12 but how many of you have been using 10 in the 9 rounders succesfully?

I don't really like the idea of 13 in the 12 because of the mag swell...to me that = not good. I don't carry with the larger mag either.

I carry with the 9 rounder...but again...if I can carry 10+1 safely then I will. There is no problem with mag swell with 10 in the 9 rounder which I like. I also like the smaller size since I am carrying concealed.

What are the thoughts on this.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Do you really get that much more significant fire power by squeezing one more into 9+1 (it's only 10 percent). If I cant hit the BG by the 3rd shot, then I've wasted a lot of money at the range.

Don't you also have a SC-9? Just use your .40 mags and put 12 rounds of 9mm into it. You don't have to worry about any increase tension.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poortrader said:
Do you really get that much more significant fire power by squeezing one more into 9+1 (it's only 10 percent). If I cant hit the BG by the 3rd shot, then I've wasted a lot of money at the range.

Don't you also have a SC-9? Just use your .40 mags and put 12 rounds of 9mm into it. You don't have to worry about any increase tension.
Ummmm...ooooooook..

1. It never hurts to have an extra round...it MAY save your life. IMO ANYONE that thinks they can PREDICT how many rounds will need to eliminate said bad guy are fooling themselves into a false sense of security. How could anyone POSSIBLY know what situation MAY or MAY NOT occur 5 seconds from now? I don't buy into the whole "One more bullet won't make a difference." Sorry.

2. Yes I have an SC XD9. I DO use the .40 mags and load 13 rounds into it. However..I don't CC that pistol as it stays home for my girlfriends self defense. She has to be by herself at night quite often due to my job.

So.....again....I will re-post the original question...here we go:

I can squeeze 10 rounds in my SC mags and they still drop free. They are a bit tighter when loaded into the pistol with the slide forward. Otherwise everything seems to work ok.

Who has real world experience of this either working or not with their SC 40's?

I dont want to damage the pistol or have any FTFs or FTE's but if I can carry an extra round that would be great.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I personally don't think that there are too many people with real world experiences verses the number of people that actually have ccw's. I personally don't won't a real world encounter, but if I ever get into a real world encounter, I will be carrying extra magazines with the standard capacity of that particular mag because like you said you never know how the situation will play out and I don't want to take my chances with things that aren't proven.

I also carry 2 extra magazines no matter which friend I decide to take along for the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts