1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
We shall see...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Maybe if a lot of folks start trading in their XD40's on XD45ACPs (or selling them outright to finance a buy), although given the limited availability of the XD45ACP I doubt that it would happen yet. The economic theory is the more used XD40's that hit the market, the lower the price becomes (as well as less on trade). If it goes too low, I suspect many will keep their .40's in addition to the .45ACPs or forego their purchase of the XD45ACP.

That said, I'm not totally convinced that a large number of XD40 owners will flock to switch to the .45ACP to replace their XD40. I know in my case, if I have to give up a gun to buy a XD45ACP, it won't be the XD40 (it will be either the Black Stainless or the Hi-Power).

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
JD McDorce said:
Maybe if a lot of folks start trading in their XD40's on XD45ACPs (or selling them outright to finance a buy), although given the limited availability of the XD45ACP I doubt that it would happen yet. The economic theory is the more used XD40's that hit the market, the lower the price becomes (as well as less on trade). If it goes too low, I suspect many will keep their .40's in addition to the .45ACPs or forego their purchase of the XD45ACP.

That said, I'm not totally convinced that a large number of XD40 owners will flock to switch to the .45ACP to replace their XD40. I know in my case, if I have to give up a gun to buy a XD45ACP, it won't be the XD40 (it will be either the Black Stainless or the Hi-Power).
That's blasphemy, JD... :shock:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with most other replies and predict the XD40 prices not going down just because of the XD45. My first pistols were (all) 45acp and when the 40S&W hit the scene I switched (because of mag capacity). Now that I've shot thousands of rounds in each caliber I've developed a real preference for 40S&W. Actually, can't recall when I "dusted off" one of my 1911's and took it to the range. Anyway, seems there is a following for 45ACP as is a distinct following for 9mm and 40S&W. Don't think there will be many that jump ship and pass on an XD40 or trade in theirs or sell theirs just to buy an XD45. And lastly, yes I echo the comments about 45GAP taking a serious hit. Kinda like the 10mm when the 40S&W came out. Both useless IMHO (10mm & 45GAP).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll be keeping my XD-9 Service and my XD-40 Tactical. Now I can reload for the 45ACP also. I can shoot lead. No more Rainiers or Zeros at $80 @ Thou. to shoot a Glock 21. Back to Bear Creeks at $18 for 500. As for 45GAP, let the Feds by the ammo because nobody will reload GAP anyway. Bye Bye GAP Bye Bye!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts