Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XD 40 ported barrel conversion?

I have a XD 40 ported model and love how it reduces recoil, but the thing is as loud as a 300win. So I was wondering if anyone converted a 40 S&W ported model to a 357. SIG non-ported gun by dropping in a good new 357 sig barrel?
Should this work fine in terms of shooting? And use the same mags?
Any opinions of the best tritium sights for the XD (the white dots sights are my one and only complaint about the XD)

·
Registered
516 Posts
The .357 and .40 use the same mags. The only difference is what's printed on the baseplate. Dropping in either a .357 or .40 non ported barrel will not cause any problems.
BTW Never put a ported barrel in a gun that does not have a slide designed for the barrel.
I have Mep's on my 9mm Sub (orange rear green front) and have no complaints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is that I already have a ported XD the question is can I put a non-ported barrel in it and have no difficulties I sure it would be fine but just asking

·
Registered
151 Posts
I converted my xd 40 ported to 9mm non ported, and it works great. I don't see how 357 sig would be any different. The EFK fire dragon is a nice piece, I highly recommend it. I would go with the 9mm though, it's a heck of alot cheaper to shoot. If 9mm is not enough power for you than get a 40 non ported barrel.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the NON ported 9mm barrel on a ported xd 40 v-10 . But if you still want a pick I have a few just gotta tell me how to post a pic on here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts