Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around the forums here for a while but never made a post. I have a few questions maybe someone can help me out with.

How much should I expect to spend on a new XD .40? Black, nothing tactical custom or bi-tone. Just the standard XD .40.

What Is good ammo to shoot with? I have read multiple posts about bad and good ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the HS/XD funhouse :D . In these parts, Sportsmans Warehouse has the best prices, $429.00.
My 40s eat factory ammo with no problems. Some of my reload experiments have had a problem, but easily remedied by some adjustments to the case lengths.
Happy shooting :!:

·
Registered
208 Posts
texasz71 said:
How much should I expect to spend on a new XD .40?

What Is good ammo to shoot with? I have read multiple posts about bad and good ammo.
I see XD .40 4" model for about $400-$450 at gun shows. Expect to pay around $450 walk out price. A little less if you buy a new one online.

In the past i shot UMC .40S&W 180 FMJ for around $45 for a box of 250 rnds. It's cheap range ammo. UMC shoots cleaner then WWB (IMHO). I have since turned to T's ammo http://www.tsgunsandammo.com/. T's ammo has the best ammo i've shot out of my XD and Sig. I don't know that much about reloading, but I do know that I shoot tighter groups with T's ammo than any other ammo I've tried. He and his wife are usually at the GRB and Pasadena gun show. You can also call in an order and he will ship it to you. I paid $180 + shipping for 1000 rounds of 180 grain FMJ .40S&W.

Good luck and welcome to the board!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts