Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new (to me) XD-40 owner here, located near Milwaukee, WI. I picked the XD up on a whim, and don't currently own any other handguns. I have gotten to the point of having sold off pretty much all of my center fire long guns and EBR's. My range time has fallen off considerably as well, as I am pretty much a slave to the sport of bicycle racing, which is pretty much a year round endeavor. I am a member of a local shooting range that offers plenty of outdoor shooting hours. The XD I picked up is a 4" barrel service model. I have not shot it yet, but it appears to have very little wear, and fits my hand better than the previous Beretta's I have owned; a 92G Centurion (wish I would have kept that) and a PX4 in 9mm. I am curious about the year of manufacture of my XD, and get the idea there are two generations. I am happy to have this forum as a resource. 'Nuff said, on to the reading...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Actually there are several generations of the XD that I'm aware of. The first gen comes under the label HS2000, The second gen comes under the XD name but has a different finish than the most recent XD's. I believe it was something called Bruniral, not a bad finish but not as durable as the current Melonite. Most recent XD's are finished in Melonite. The only way to know what you have is to call SA with your Serial Number and they can tell you. If your gun came with the spent casing, comes in a little envelope with all new pistols, yours may or may not have given it was used, you can usually get a pretty accurate picture of when your XD was made. The 45's were the first to have the Melonite finish and they were intro'd in 06. So if you have an XD with a later manufacture date you should have the Melonite finish. Then you have the XDM. That's the lastest XD offering. Anyway sorry for the rambling!!! Congrats on the XD purchase and enjoy the forum....it's almost as addicting as the XD itself, almost!!!

·
Premium Member
127,399 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Call springfield and give them your serial number and they can tell you the year and month it was manufactured. Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for the greetings. I just got back from Wallyworld, where I suffered a slight case of sticker shock; WWB 40SW Value-pack at $28 plus change. Geez, I thought they were just $20ish. I better buy what I can afford right now as I don't imagine the prices will be going down!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome from Nashville

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor to the south I live in Racine.I just was at wally world yesterday and a 100 round box of WWB .45 acp was 29.79 plus tax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts