Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a Microstation CAD file of the XD-40 done by TriggerMan.

I am working on a way to convert this file to commonly used formats like .dwg or .3ds.
If you can convert this, let me know and I'll host the converted file as well.
Please don't ask for 9mm vs .40 or Tac versus SC.

------TERMS AND CONDITIONS-----

If you want to use this file for whatever means, myself or TriggerMan or this forum, or anyone but yourself will NOT be held responsible.
This file is for 100% information purposes and provides no warranty or gaurantee of accuracy of components or specifications.

By downloading this file you agree to the terms and conditions.

http://audio0day.ath.cx/XD-40Exploded.dgn

------TERMS AND CONDITIONS------

Note to SA: If you provide us with CAD files, we might be less likely to blow ourselves up. :twisted:
But if not, we are, as a community, still going to modify your excellent firearms. :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Dang, I down loaded the file and for some reason my copy of Solid Edge cannot open it. IT claims to be able to open microstation files but then just gives me an error. Is any one else having any luck with this.

mcb

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
won't work for me in Edge V16 either.

might have something to do w/ educational licensing, but i doubt it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks a lot for making this available to everyone. I'll run the file through some converters later today and see what I can get out of it.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I am going to see if I can convert it to something usable on my TurboCAD software. It has many export/import filters on it. BTW, from the pictures I saw in the other post, good work. You are more patient then I. I only fool around with CAD as a hobby, not for work. I have, however, supported engineers who use various CAD/CAM software. I am familiar with most the major stuff, like ProE. Again good work.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There is a free viewer available from Bentley.

Yes, you must register at their site in order to download but it is a free viewer for these CAD files.

It is a huge download, 62.6 MB! Did I mention it's free?

I'm checking out some other viewers but I know that this one works.
Go here:
Bentley Viewer

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am currently uploading the AutoCAD dwg file to FireSeven's server. It's quite a bit smaller file, less than 20MB if you wish to wait to download.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Admittedly, I'm rusty but I could not import this into my ACAD 14. If t is easy enugh, let me know how, and I will convert, then send.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any news and the .dwg

·
Registered
381 Posts
stealthsniper said:
Sorry to go off topic, but why do I have to register just to download the files?
So they can spam your inbox and send you all sorts of stuff.... Add you to mailing lists... Sell your info to other mailing lists so you can get more spam...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Excellent.

Now I have a 69.4 MB (72,870,912 bytes) DGN file that I can't look at from your first post.

And now I have a 5.67 MB (5,947,392 bytes) DWG file that I can't look at after becoming a member to your SAXD.forum.

By the way, it never sent a validation e-mail, but you can just login anyways.

What ever this is, you sure have us all drooling to look at it. Will you please post a link with the progam that we need to view it so we can.
Note to SA: If you provide us with CAD files, we might be less likely to blow ourselves up.
But if not, we are, as a community, still going to modify your excellent firearms.
I'm drooling, what the hell is it atleast tell us. :D

Cool idea of the new magazine thing also, I think you should try it. And hurry up with it lol. :D

What if we used a heavier metal with higher gauge and less twists? And a metal piece that follows the rounds?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahhh!! Confusing Mess!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! Hehehe.

Okay here is the deal:

Registering won't mean spam in your inbox.. registration is so that you are encouraged to post on the forum. I don't have anything to sell, anyway.

In order to spread the XD, we have to spread the topic.

CAD Viewing - Google DWG viewer or 3DS viewer.

It opens with:

AutoCAD (Probably 2000/2002 or later; Maybe r14)
3D Studio
Any other app to import either of those file types.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Can you just turn the thing into a PDF ?

/compatability problem
/size problem

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a three dimensional drawing. What good would an orthographic projection be? The value is in the dimensioning.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts