Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XD-40 last weekend. It was an overall positive experience taking it to the range, however, the magazine release button is REALLY TIGHT!
Is this common for XDs? Will this work itself loose over time? Is there something I can do to help speed it up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Don't worry, it'll loosen up with some use... After my first range day, I had the same problem. I spent an entire evening in front of the TV just loading and ejecting mags. Now, it's smooth as silk...

It'll loosen up just like a w.... nevermind, not going there....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Matrix62 said:
Just got my XD-40 last weekend. It was an overall positive experience taking it to the range, however, the magazine release button is REALLY TIGHT!
Is this common for XDs? Will this work itself loose over time? Is there something I can do to help speed it up?

Thanks!
I just removed mine last weekend and rounded out the release surfaces a bit and polished the whole thing. Mine was pretty smooth if ejecting from the left side, but I wanted to use the right and it was a bit choppy...... you can see why if you dissasemble it... anyway, I polished the entire thing and now it's all smooth as butter..... 8)

It was a bitch getting that spring back in though... :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts