Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what the difference between the 10rnd mag and the 12rnd mag. Is there something you can modify on the clinton mags to make them hold 2 more?

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
impcmonk said:
I'm wondering what the difference between the 10rnd mag and the 12rnd mag. Is there something you can modify on the clinton mags to make them hold 2 more?
The 12 rd is a figment of your imagination (since you can't buy them anywhere)

Some have posted that you can't or its not worth it ( I forget) to convert

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 12 rd is a figment of your imagination (since you can't buy them anywhere)
I have an XD40 Tactical that I bought last fall. It came with 10 round mags. After the proper but slow death of the Clinton Gun Ban I called Sprigfield Armory about high cap mags. They swapped me the 10 rounders for OEM 12 rounders plus I bought a couple more of the OEM 12 rounders. So, yes indeed 12 round XD40 mags do exist.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I think he was being sarcastic about them being a figment of th imagination (since they can't be found anywhere). I guess they are in popular demand now. James, if you see this: You have any in stock?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm. I bought one from Sportman Warehouse about a week ago. They had several in the back. Guess I'd better go get the rest before they disappear. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'm waiting on SA to send my 12rnd and holster cause i can't find the hi-caps locally. everyone says they're backordered.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the mags are out. I saw some at the gun show over the weekend. My question I guess, is there something to file down or modify on the 10rnd mag?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts