Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recent new owner of a 4" XD-40... I bought it from a gun shop used, and the envelope that holds the casing used to test the gun is dated 11-15-2001 (15-11-2001 actually) Just curious if there have been any changes from then to now in this model. Are there any features I need to check and be sure that are up to date (design flaws that have been corrected, etc.) I really like the feel and features of the gun btw.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
There have been a LOT of changes since 2001. So many in fact that it pretty much renders your pistol useless.

So to save you trouble I will give you $50 for your useless pistol. I'm just a nice guy trying to help you out.

Only real changes have been in the metal treatment and finish.

·
Registered
450 Posts
All I know about: Finish got changed. The locking block had a minor change for stress relief. The current ejector is sheet metal, I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the finish, I suppose they upgraded the finish when the change came? But sheet metal doesn't sound like an upgrade/improvement...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
As for the finish, I suppose they upgraded the finish when the change came? But sheet metal doesn't sound like an upgrade/improvement...
If your older XD is exhibiting rusting or any other related surface disfigurement, SA will fix it on their nickle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the changes are purely cosmetics. as long as its reliable and goes bang everytime. used it, learned and master that tool. it might safe your life oneday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts